Help with Google Sheets

Goku1814

I need some help with figuring out to use the filter feature in google sheets so i can be able to filter something i need. like being able to get a piece of info that only 1 or 2 things in the list might have that other ones wont, if this all makes sense

Is there something specific? Just "I like to learn how to use X" I would tell you to try and see what the tool offers as options and testing them out. If you have ever used logical arguments (<, >, =, != etc.), the filter and conditional formatting uses those same, just written as text instead of symbols.

So you select range as columns. Selecting row adds filter to all columns, but starting from selected row. Then click icon and select condition to be used.

• By color = if you are using manual or conditional formatting
  • By condition = using logical function
  • By value = selecting single or multiple values manually (useful for smaller sample sizes, like rating or names etc.)

Conditions:

• Empty = has something or doesn't have anything
  • Text = string value contains part or not.
  • Text starts/ends/is = should be obvious
  • Date = same as above, but with date formatting
  • Value = equal, greater, lesser or combination
  • Value = between two, not between two
  • Custom = For example two base values which change and you need to see to what they correlate to

As these same work with conditional formatting, you could test multiple that way and see how using each effects with data.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv