My shit keeps crashing Need some help brothas

JimboSwas

I spent about $2300 on a pc so you'd think this would be able to run everything smoothly and without problems but you can think again. Obviously I'm buying this to rip games on, but Ill get to it. I'll be playing some games for like 15 minutes then all of a sudden my screen goes black, my audio cuts out, my voice also cuts out, I disconnect from the game and the discord call. Now what's strange is my PC doesn't just fully turn off the power stays on, RGB still shining like Linus loves to see and the fans keep spinning like I got some 50s on that mf. Now this happens 100% of the time CS:GO and very rarely on other games but once in a blue moon it even happened once while I was playing PGA tour 19 like cmon now son. My drivers are fully up to date, my windows is fully up to date, I've watched probably every video on the damn internet trying to fix this shit done about 1600 things in the files n settings trying to fix this problem I really just have no brain power left to try to solve this issue. The specs on guy are Ryzen 5 3600, Geforce 2070 Super, 16gbs RAM, 1TB m.2, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max WIFI Motherboard, things got enough air flow dw, and a Cosair CV650 Bronze rated lol. I just wanted to post on here to see if any of you guys can help a brotha out before i take this thing in to see what the hell be going on in the mf anything at this point would be much appreciated. Thanks brothas

did you spend any of your $2.3K on an enter key?

also when this happens does the num lock light or caps lock light on the keyboard still work if you press either of those keys? that tells you if the system is fully locked up. 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Any overclocks? Do have XMP enabled? What are your temps for both CPU and graphics card while gaming?

No to both of those and the temps on the gpu are 55 celcius normally then theyll go up to 60 fans turn on and within 15 seconds its back to to 54-55 n the fans turn off and for the cpu around 62-65 celcius

7 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

did you spend any of your $2.3K on an enter key?

also when this happens does the num lock light or caps lock light on the keyboard still work if you press either of those keys? that tells you if the system is fully locked up. 

Want me to edit this real quick for you m8?

16 minutes ago, JimboSwas said:

Cosair CV650 Bronze

This is an extremely cost-down (read: bad) power supply. I would not use it in a Ryzen 5 + 2070 Super system. It's not dangerous per se, but its bad voltage regulation might be giving you problems.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

25 minutes ago, JimboSwas said:

Obviously I'm buying this to rip games on

What exactly do you mean by "rip games on"...? 🤔

11 minutes ago, Energycore said:

This is an extremely cost-down (read: bad) power supply. I would not use it in a Ryzen 5 + 2070 Super system. It's not dangerous per se, but its bad voltage regulation might be giving you problems.

I agree with this sentiment - a poor quality power supply can lead to dodgy behavior in the event that your hardware causes enough of a spike in power draw that it trips the over-current protection or otherwise stresses the power supply too much. Your Corsair CV650 isn't terrible per sey, as it's in Tier C of the PSU Tier list, however, when running the CPU + GPU you have it would be beneficial to use a Tier B or higher PSU, or a PSU with higher wattage, to rule out a bad power supply.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Bios?  fixed my issues with my MSI B450 MB.  The current BIOS was not the most stable.  Using a July 2019 version, which corrected my issues.