Need help on parts

Bob22

Budget: $1900 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Cod Cold War, Assassins Creed, Ark, and other AAA games at 1440p

Other details: I need monitor to go with it and I plan on using it for gaming and daily use like homework and I want to listen to music.

I want to be portable as I move between houses each week and need it to have wireless wifi as well and have like 2tb of storage if possible

thanks in advanced 

12 minutes ago, Bob22 said:

I want to be portable as I move between houses each week and need it to have wireless wifi as well and have like 2tb of storage if possible

shoebox sized case, I recommend a 5000 series Ryzen CPU once they're available, and a 3070 founders edition if you can get your hands on it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

37 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

shoebox sized case, I recommend a 5000 series Ryzen CPU once they're available, and a 3070 founders edition if you can get your hands on it.

I might go with more cpu considering the budget.  That could be done without trouble though. There’s enough cooling and VRM for whatever.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I might go with more cpu considering the budget.  That could be done without trouble though. There’s enough cooling and VRM for whatever.

I'm leaving the 3600 as a placeholder since 5000 series is yet to hit store shelves.

Also, depending on how far AMD has come with efficiency, next gen navi might also be better as the GPU, since the only appropriately sized GPU model for the SG13 is the founders edition, in terms of the 3070.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad