Soooo... a bit of a situation.

ajspeedy5

I'm currently planning on building this system:

I've bought everything I need except for the gpu, cpu, motherboard, and ram. I just managed to upgrade my budget by a couple hundred bucks, and I think I'm going to upgrade to a 5600x for the cpu and switch the gpu over to a 3070 founders. Will the psu be able to pull the weight of the system, or should I buy a new one? (I've already purchased the psu in the list)

If the current psu isn't enough, what good for the money psu would you recommend?

you have to upgrade the cooler and also the power supply to a sweet spot of 700w~750w

choose from these:-

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/#A=700000000000,750000000000&m=11,14&p=1

Honestly all are good its up to you to choose

but if i were you i would choose this one :-

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6Y66Mp/corsair-rm-2019-750-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020195-na

20 minutes ago, ajspeedy5 said:

I'm currently planning on building this system:

I've bought everything I need except for the gpu, cpu, motherboard, and ram. I just managed to upgrade my budget by a couple hundred bucks, and I think I'm going to upgrade to a 5600x for the cpu and switch the gpu over to a 3070 founders. Will the psu be able to pull the weight of the system, or should I buy a new one? (I've already purchased the psu in the list)

If the current psu isn't enough, what good for the money psu would you recommend?

Well it's a B teir PSU, so I'd trust it to be able to put out 600 watts, it should be fine but we don't really have accurate and fully confirmed power usage figures for either the RTX 3070 and Ryzen 5 5600X yet, we can take a guess but won't know for sure until independent reviews that we trust are published. 
While the 600 watt rating is continuous, and it has a higher momentary power usage rating, it's not good practice to run a PSU right at the edge unless it's been well engineered for the task and fully characturised. If the parts are power power than we expect it'll be fine but if they use a lot of power you'll need a new PSU. 

Yours faithfully

Or... You can wait to see what Navi has to offer, if you can wait a week. I'll wait for some power consumption metrics for the CPUs anyways.

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm planning on waiting for black Friday or cyber Monday to buy all the expensive parts, so by then hopefully there will be some better metrics. Then i'll likely come back to check my suspicions.

17 minutes ago, ajspeedy5 said:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm planning on waiting for black Friday or cyber Monday to buy all the expensive parts, so by then hopefully there will be some better metrics. Then i'll likely come back to check my suspicions.

Watchout for the B550 and new CPUs, it likely won't have a BIOS and might need a CPU too boot for a BIOS uodate too, idk if the B550 boards have 5000 series BIOS already, not sure. 

Yours faithfully