Front panel USB 3.0 cable question

NadeMagnet69

My Anidees Crystal XL Pro's front panel USB 3.0 connections, also has 2.0 connections split off it. For people's motherboards who don't have 3.0 headers. However I do have 2 3.0 headers so I don't need those. Plus the 2.0 wires are colored and are too close to the end of the 3.0 to tuck and hide them. Will it hurt anything if I cut those 2.0 off?

20201023_215110.jpg

Nah, maybe throw some insulation on the nubs that are left, just so nothing can short across them (such as the chassis), because they are probably wired directly to the USB 3 connection. Shorting the wrong two USB leads could be a bad day. 

On 10/23/2020 at 10:23 PM, thermalgoop said:

Nah, maybe throw some insulation on the nubs that are left, just so nothing can short across them (such as the chassis), because they are probably wired directly to the USB 3 connection. Shorting the wrong two USB leads could be a bad day. 

It's a moot point now. I order a couple of these instead of cutting. It'll be better looking than the standard USB 3.0 anyways, even if they didn't have the USB 2.0 splitting off. Now if I can only find some sleeved USB cable combs, but I don't think anyone makes them.

https://www.performance-pcs.com/cables/usb-cables/internal-usb-cables/akasa-usb-3-0-19-pin-internal-extension-cable-with-low-profile-connector.html