Seems like my RAM went bad

Mephi00

Hello guys,

So I've got two upgrades since this happened, the first one were two new nvme ssds and the other was an upgrade in ram, I added another 16gig kit, with tighter timings(the other one wasnt available anywhere).

After fiddeling with M.2 genie in my boards bios, but nor getting it to work properly, I had to clear the cmos to get it back to booting. From this point on I experienced a lot of BSODs, which were only fixed by downclocking my RAM from 3500C16 to 3200C16. Fast forward to just 10 mins ago, I experienced a freeze, where the audio would still play / get transmitted from the internet, but the PC wouldn't react to any input.

Please post your ideas on why this would happen, I would love to get my 3500C16 and 24/7 stability back.

Specs:

MSI MEG Z390 Ace

2x8 GSKILL Trident z rgb 3600C17

2x8 GSKILL Trident z rgb 3600C16 (C17 wasn't available)

(new ssds) 2x2tb adata xpg sx8200 pro

sys drive samsung 960 evo 250gig

As you have 2 different sets of ram, don't enable XMP. Just increase the frequency to 3600MHz would be my guess for more stability. But buying 2 different kits of ram is calling for trouble. Another option would be to sell both kits and get a new 2x16GB kit for guaranteed compatibility.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

27 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

As you have 2 different sets of ram, don't enable XMP. Just increase the frequency to 3600MHz would be my guess for more stability. But buying 2 different kits of ram is calling for trouble. Another option would be to sell both kits and get a new 2x16GB kit for guaranteed compatibility.

I never used xmp I always set frequencies manual. The weirdest thing is, that the crashes started after I had to clear the cmos....

It worked fine for 24hrs before that, with the usual timings and frequency