Amateur Build - For Adobe Production and Flight Sim 2020

First, thank you any and all for any time or thought you put into my questions. Really appreciated. 

Second, I'm planning to buy anytime between now and Jan 2021, which forms part of my question. Should I wait till Black Friday, or January 2021? Any thoughts on that.

Thirdly, as the subject line suggests, I am still an amateur at this. Have built on rig before (this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rR6Nzy), so I just wanted feedback on the following:

i) Is the build balanced? Any major bottlenecks?

ii) Is the price to performance OK, or am I over-spending in certain areas for minimal gain? For example, is the 3900X overkill? Should I go for Ryzen 5 instead? Or, should I wait for the 5000 series?

iii) I have the harddrives for OS (Evo 500), Scratch & Games (Evo 1TB), and Storage (Barracuda 2TB). I was planning to run Adobe software from OS drive, with discrete programs like Premier set to use the separate scratch drive to maximise performance. Any thoughts on this.

Any other comments or advice appreciated. I am very willing to change components as this is a first draft.

Thank you! 

Budget (including currency): £1500-£2000 / $1700 - $2500 (The price below is missing the GPU and monitor, so is roughly within budget with that added)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 4k / Adobe Cloud / Premier Pro / Streaming / NVIDIA RTX Voice / Gaming / Flight Sim 2020

Other details: Would love 4k at at least 60Mhz, ideally 144Mhz refresh rate, but the latter might be out of budget)  

11 minutes ago, Stark_Source21 said:

Should I wait till Black Friday, or January 2021?

Absolutely

11 minutes ago, Stark_Source21 said:

i) Is the build balanced? Any major bottlenecks?

ii) Is the price to performance OK, or am I over-spending in certain areas for minimal gain? For example, is the 3900X overkill? Should I go for Ryzen 5 instead? Or, should I wait for the 5000 series?

iii) I have the harddrives for OS (Evo 500), Scratch & Games (Evo 1TB), and Storage (Barracuda 2TB). I was planning to run Adobe software from OS drive, with discrete programs like Premier set to use the separate scratch drive to maximise performance. Any thoughts on this.

i) It is balanced.

ii) Wait for 5000 series, 3900X/5900X would be good for your application, but you could drop it to a Ryzen 7 (although I wouldn't do this if you can afford the Ryzen 9)

iii) Drop the 500GB Evo and use the 1TB Evo as your boot drive.

10 minutes ago, Stark_Source21 said:

Would love 4k at at least 60Mhz, ideally 144Mhz refresh rate, but the latter might be out of budget)

Damn, didn't know they made monitors that fast.

2 hours ago, AndrewZScorpion said:

Absolutely

Which one would you wait for, Black Friday, or wait even till after Xmas? 

i) It is balanced.

Glad to here it's balanced. 

ii) Wait for 5000 series, 3900X/5900X would be good for your application, but you could drop it to a Ryzen 7 (although I wouldn't do this if you can afford the Ryzen 9)

Ah, it feels hard to wait. Is there expected to be a big price to performance boost between the 3900X and 5900X? Or even the 3700 and the 5700?

iii) Drop the 500GB Evo and use the 1TB Evo as your boot drive.

So, get two Evo 1TBs? One for OS and one for scratch/games? 

Damn, didn't know they made monitors that fast.

Gah!

19 minutes ago, Stark_Source21 said:

Which one would you wait for, Black Friday, or wait even till after Xmas?

I would wait until Black Friday. I doubt 5000 series will actually be on sale so close to release, but who knows.

21 minutes ago, Stark_Source21 said:

Ah, it feels hard to wait. Is there expected to be a big price to performance boost between the 3900X and 5900X? Or even the 3700 and the 5700?

We expect a huge performance bump. It won't be a long wait, they are releasing on November 5th.

23 minutes ago, Stark_Source21 said:

So, get two Evo 1TBs? One for OS and one for scratch/games?

I meant a single 1TB Evo, since 1TB is a ton of NVME storage as is, so I would suggest any other SSD you buy be SATA. If you were to buy a second NVME drive, I would get another 1TB Evo and put them in RAID 0 (if you don't mind the risks associated with RAID 0)

52 minutes ago, AndrewZScorpion said:

I would wait until Black Friday. I doubt 5000 series will actually be on sale so close to release, but who knows.

Good to know. Thank you!

We expect a huge performance bump. It won't be a long wait, they are releasing on November 5th.

Ah, I thought it was next year the were releasing. I can certainly wait till Nov 5th.

I meant a single 1TB Evo, since 1TB is a ton of NVME storage as is, so I would suggest any other SSD you buy be SATA. If you were to buy a second NVME drive, I would get another 1TB Evo and put them in RAID 0 (if you don't mind the risks associated with RAID 0)

Can I ask, why would you get a SATA SSD instead of another NVME drive? What are the advances there?

Thanks for all your help so far. Super useful!

1 hour ago, Stark_Source21 said:

Can I ask, why would you get a SATA SSD instead of another NVME drive? What are the advances there?

It’s cheaper without having that much worse performance.