My dead pc

Well i just put together my new pc yesterday and everything went well, about 5min ago i was playing a game and just adjusting the settings then my pc just shut off randomly, the fans try to spin but don't its just like a nudging motion but only when i push the power button. I dony know what it could be i assume if it was the cpu it would turn un but nothing would happend if it was the graphics card it would turn on and id have not signal if it was the power supply the rgb fans wouldn't be lighting up, this truly is the 1st stage of teach hell.

The nudging motion implies to me that it is being stopped.  Machine starts says “holy heck there’s something really wrong here!” and shuts itself down to protect itself.  Which settings you were adjusting might matter a lot.  
The standard way to wipe such things back to factory is to clear the cmos.  There might be a button or something but one sure fire way is to unplug the computer from the wall and pull the little silver disk battery that maintains its cmos memory. They are held in through various ways.  Your motherboard manual may have removal instructions if it isn’t just a simple spring (sometimes they can be a bit complex)  It can take awhile for it to fade sometimes but a few minutes without power will usually do it.  Then put it back in the way it origionally went ant try the machine.  This will wipe any overclock or other adjustment and set it back to bog standard (unless the setting was a bios flash)  This may or may not help.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

57 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The nudging motion implies to me that it is being stopped.  Machine starts says “holy heck there’s something really wrong here!” and shuts itself down to protect itself.  Which settings you were adjusting might matter a lot.  
The standard way to wipe such things back to factory is to clear the cmos.  There might be a button or something but one sure fire way is to unplug the computer from the wall and pull the little silver disk battery that maintains its cmos memory. They are held in through various ways.  Your motherboard manual may have removal instructions if it isn’t just a simple spring (sometimes they can be a bit complex)  It can take awhile for it to fade sometimes but a few minutes without power will usually do it.  Then put it back in the way it origionally went ant try the machine.  This will wipe any overclock or other adjustment and set it back to bog standard (unless the setting was a bios flash)  This may or may not help.

Yeah umm the setting i was messing with were minecraft Shader settings aswell i was monitoring the graphics card witch is a rtx 2060 it was at around 47C idk what the cpu was at but i had changed a shadow setting and then the pc froze for about a half a sec then shut off and then it started doing that i didnt overclock the cpu i did however overclock the gpu but just a little and it had been running with the overclocked gpu for over 8hrs so idk 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

59 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Yeah umm the setting i was messing with were minecraft Shader settings aswell i was monitoring the graphics card witch is a rtx 2060 it was at around 47C idk what the cpu was at but i had changed a shadow setting and then the pc froze for about a half a sec then shut off and then it started doing that i didnt overclock the cpu i did however overclock the gpu but just a little and it had been running with the overclocked gpu for over 8hrs so idk 

Did you open the case to check if a cable is blocking a fan and if everything is still connected?

15 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Did you open the case to check if a cable is blocking a fan and if everything is still connected?

Yes i have tested everything tye power supply is working i think it might be the motherboard. Because now with the 24pin connected to the board the rgb doesn't even come on meaning the motherboard isnt getting power anymore but when i used my psw connecter my rgb will turn on and the fans spin up so... Either the motherboard completely bit the dust or the motherboard bit the dust and took my cpu or possibly even gpu with it and i hope that wasnt that case

10 minutes ago, randomnugget935 said:

Yes i have tested everything tye power supply is working i think it might be the motherboard. Because now with the 24pin connected to the board the rgb doesn't even come on meaning the motherboard isnt getting power anymore but when i used my psw connecter my rgb will turn on and the fans spin up so... Either the motherboard completely bit the dust or the motherboard bit the dust and took my cpu or possibly even gpu with it and i hope that wasnt that case

What is a psw connector?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

What is a psw connector?

Its what i call the power supply connecter the 24 pin one