MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max

i have a MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max with a ryzen 5 3600X when ryzen 5000 series comes out will i be able to use the 5000 series cpus with this motherboard with just a bios update? i just wanna make sure so i dont need to buy a new motherboard also. Also im currently trying to update my bios rn. Do i still need to use an usb?

Edited by Goku1814

28 minutes ago, Goku1814 said:

i have a MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max with a ryzen 5 3600X when ryzen 5000 series comes out will i be able to use the 5000 series cpus with this motherboard with just a bios update? i just wanna make sure so i dont need to buy a new motherboard also. Also im currently trying to update my bios rn. Do i still need to use an usb?

MSI promised to roll out updates for supporting 5000 series chips on all their B450 motherboards, so just make sure you cross check the chipset drivers and the Bios are all up to date when you buy the chip

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

48 minutes ago, Goku1814 said:

MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max with a ryzen 5 3600X when ryzen 5000 series comes out will i be able to use the 5000 series cpus with this motherboard with just a bios update?

MSI promised support for 400 series chipset, though the bios might come out in january 2021, so there's a little waiting

49 minutes ago, Goku1814 said:

Also im currently trying to update my bios rn. Do i still need to use an usb?

afaik, you can update bios with a file in your hard disk as long as you have a CPU that can already run on it

correct me if im wrong

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately