What Peripherals etc do the LTT Staff prefer to use?

sWi7zLe

Hi, love the channel/s.

After watching the recent Wan Show and hearing what phones you both use, although I wasn't entirely what Linus said, was it the Mi 9? It made me wonder what your staffs "goto" peripherals are.

You you clearly get a lots of hardware and phones to test but you are both using older phones. I had a S3 until I saw your PocoF1 pixel mod thing and I expect to have this phone for many years to come.

By the way Linus, have you heard of these things called "bumpers"? My phone is constantly upside down as was my 6 year old S3, neither have a single scratch!

Anyway, I was just wondering if there is anywhere that we can see what peripherals you prefer to use, monitors etc.

Personally I'm not bothered about mice as for the 25 or so years of gaming, once I had purchased the MX518 (and then another), that's pretty much the only mouse I've ever used. I did buy a Razer Chroma a couple of years back and the left button lasted a whopping 6 months! So I bought new mouse feet and went back to the 518's.

I would very much like a new keyboard though. I currently use the Corsair RGB K70. It's okay, but I would quite like one of these "silent" mechanical keyboards.

Been wanting to try a monitor with high refresh for a while now to see how much of difference it could make to my gaming, but being stuck in my ways I've always preferred gaming on a 16:10 ratio monitor and still use a Hanns.G HZ281H :/

Although recently I have started gaming on my Samsung 55" NU8000 and am simply loving 4k gaming!

So is there anywhere that we can see what we can see what you and your techy staff prefer to use?

Also, really don't care about leds except on keyboards, sorry if that is blasphemy on here!

I've just never understood the appeal of having a disco going on in my room while I'm gaming.

Cheers

Silverstone FT02 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 6700K | 16Gb DDR4 | GTX 1080Ti SC2 | 970 Evo 1TB | Win10 x64

They tend to talk about these things when they make reviews. Like the blind-test of keyboards:

Or several mice videos where they have been talking about Logitech's G Pro Wireless being the popular pick. You could also subscribe to Floatplane where they have BTS videos showing people actually working.

Problem with making actual videos is that whatever company is the one used either gets paid or free advertisement/endorsement. Logitech did sponsor them back when they moved to warehouse studio:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I current have a model-o and typically find myself going with a really light mouse since I'm into a variety of games, but I don't typically have much a need for too many buttons on the mouse or extra features, I'll set the DPI when I get it and typically just use in-game settings after that unless I really need to change it.

It was awesome switching to a mechanical keyboard a while back after using a membrane keeb for years and not knowing the difference, cherry reds or equivalents (currently using tangerines) without the extra feedback or click are my favourites, but it's all preference really, although trying out cherry white's for gaming wasn't a great experience IMO.

For monitors, I upgraded to a VG27AQ last year cause I had a chance to borrow the previous version of that monitor from a friend for a few months and noticed it was a way better experience than my current monitor due to a better panels, response time, refresh rate and free-sync, etc. The 5 year old monitor I had at the time is still  good, but things had improved enough that I felt it was justifiable since I use it so often, plus the older monitor only supported its 144Hz through a dvi-d connection and I was basically upgrading my whole computer at the time so I purchased a monitor at the same time to get the most out of the system.

I've also got a pair of ATH-M50 that I've had for a super long time (only had to change the ear-pads out once) that I find comfortable to wear for longer gaming sessions and have just slowly upgraded/change the microphone over that time. I literally used a cheap $10 clip on mic before I got an inexpensive XLR one from amazon with an arm cause it's just so convenient for moving out of the way when I don't want it, the clip-on mic served me well, but the voice quality was bad and it eventually broke and I prefer to not use a 'gaming' headset since I've just had bad luck with them in the past. 🤷‍♂️