Sudden frame drops in pc

DesoluteYoYo

Over the past week I have had sudden frame drops and I cant find the reason as to why, I recently got a new 1070 2 weeks ago, when I first got it I had no problems then suddenly a week ago I have been having inconsistent frame drops.

Wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to why? I have noticed my CPU at 100% all the time while gaming if that helps.

My specs are: 

I5-7400

GTX1070

16GB DDR4 2400

1TB HD (Quite slow)

500w PSU

what exactly do you mean by frame drops? a drop in framerate or actual dropped frames?, have you checked your temps out and i would suggest downloading throttlestop and running some bench marks to see if your machine is throttling in any way and why

You're bottlenecked by your CPU and is causing a drop in GPU usage, thus causing your stutters and drops. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

31 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

You're bottlenecked by your CPU and is causing a drop in GPU usage, thus causing your stutters and drops. 

I agree with what skiiwee29 says, but check and see why it is sitting at 100%, for instance is the cpu throttling or something, i have no experience of the i5-7400 so cant really speak to how good it is but i did have an i7 2600k paired with a rtx2080 super for a while and never had those sorts of issues, so there is a possibility that your cpu is throttling exacerbating the issue.