First time builder and don't know if I should wait or not

Pimi

Budget (including currency): $850 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Dainci Resolve editing(1080p), PUBG, GTA, red dead 2

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am a first time builder and have wanted to build a pc for gaming and streaming for 2 years. Now that I have the money to do so, I am confused on what to do. I was originally planning to build a Ryzen5 3600 and GTX 1660 build but now with the launch of the new nvidia gpus and AMD's announcement of new cpus I dont know if I should wait. If I wait, I would see if nvidia announces the RTX3060 and I would wait for an AMDs cpu that would be in the same price range as the 3600. However, that would take a couple of months and I don't really want to wait more months on top of the 2 years that I have waited to build a gaming pc. So should I really wait for the new parts to be announced or should I just go for the R5 3600 and GTX1660 build?

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

wait as long as you can. if you can't wait, current gen hardware is still great. but wait if you can even if you aren't going to buy the next gen hardware, it reduces current gen prices. 

you can do better than the 1660. but on this budget, no point in waiting on new components. the budget ones will take a while to be launched, as they like starting with the high end ones.

9 hours ago, boggy77 said:

you can do better than the 1660. but on this budget, no point in waiting on new components. the budget ones will take a while to be launched, as they like starting with the high end ones.

Yeah sucks that the budget components get released later then the high end parts. Thanks for the list. Is it necessary to buy the cooler?       

1 hour ago, Nailuj said:

Yeah sucks that the budget components get released later then the high end parts. Thanks for the list. Is it necessary to buy the cooler?       

Only if the noise annoys you. The stock one is adequate, but can be loud.