What is a good way of installing AIO Cooling with pump built in radiator

Recently Gamers Nexus uploaded video about installing AIO in proper way. However it was only about AIOs with pump built in CPU block. Now, what is proper way to install AIO with pump built in radiator. I do have one like this and i want to mount it on top of my chassis, but I am not sure if it is optimal mounting for good longevity. How would you approach it? Do you have any resources from i could gain additional information? 

3 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

What aio is it?

It is MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R, but i suppose it would apply to the most of radiator mounted pumps. However i may be wrong

14 minutes ago, CookieJamezz said:

It is MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R, but i suppose it would apply to the most of radiator mounted pumps. However i may be wrong

Ok so the basic still apply. You want the pump to be fully saturated with water. You also don't want air in the block. Air doesn't move heat. So...

if you top mount it put the pump near the top of the loop which is where the air is going to sit.  The plus is the pump isn't in the center it's off the the the side. All that need to be done is to mount the cooler slightly tilted. Just put a couple washers between the aio and the case on the side with pump.

Other options is front mount as long block is lower than the top of the rad. Tubs down/pump down would be best. 

5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Ok so the basic still apply. You want the pump to be fully saturated with water. You also don't want air in the block. Air doesn't move heat. So...

if you top mount it put the pump near the top of the loop which is where the air is going to sit.  The plus is the pump isn't in the center it's off the the the side. All that need to be done is to mount the cooler slightly tilted. Just put a couple washers between the aio and the case on the side with pump.

Other options is front mount as long block is lower than the top of the rad. Tubs down/pump down would be best. 

Thanks for the advice. It is really good idea. I'll try mounting it slightly tilted because i really want it to be on top so it will nicely illuminate whole interrior. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2020 at 1:15 PM, CookieJamezz said:

Thanks for the advice. It is really good idea. I'll try mounting it slightly tilted because i really want it to be on top so it will nicely illuminate whole interrior. 

Did the washers work out good? And do you see the tilt or is it unnoticeable ? Im concerned my OCD is gonna kick in. I have the MSI coreliquid 240 so gonna run into the same problem.

5 hours ago, Itstimefor said:

Did the washers work out good? And do you see the tilt or is it unnoticeable ? Im concerned my OCD is gonna kick in. I have the MSI coreliquid 240 so gonna run into the same problem.

Just front mount the rad