Display crashes completely, brown /white screens.

Hey, I have been having this problem since past 3 days.

Gpu-GTX 960

The display either goes black and I get the message- 'monitor going to sleep'.

Or it turns brown or white and freezes until I restart by holding down the power button.

During this the cpu lights, and all the fans are spinning.

Sometimes I get a short stuttering sound before it goes out, other time I keep getting the entire sound output without any issues but the monitor doesn't get any signal.

Even when it crashes, sometimes it reboots itself, other time I have to hold down the button.

Twice I have gotten a completely back screen with 3-4 green dots/pixels at the same place when I am rebooting, it is fixed by rebooting again.

I monitored temperatures and they never go over 65-70 max. This happens when I'm gaming or just watch a stream or browsing.

I tried to do a clean reinstall of video drivers, and rolled back to a previous release as well.

Everytime the crash happens the fans and all the lights in the cpu are on. I also reset from the bios and am not running any overclocks anywhere.

If I turn the montior off and on, it say that dvi input is active but there is no display.

What may be the issue?

Edit:

I also did take the pc apart and re-place everything. But the gpu sits on the same pci slot.

It can happen within 5-10 min when I start the pc, or doesn't happen at all while heavy gaming for 4-5 hours. Never had any such issues before

Did you run any recent updates like your graphics driver, or make any recent changes to any other hardware?

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

3 hours ago, mr fobs said:

Did you run any recent updates like your graphics driver, or make any recent changes to any other hardware?

I did do a gpu driver update. I did try a clean install for it after I got issues, then I also rolled back to a clean installation of much older driver. (17th sept)

And no hardware changes.

Also idk how relevant that is but I also got an update for some hp monitor driver (now disabled via device manager) and there was some update for Intel HD 4600 in windows update. But I can't find any trace of integrated graphics in device manager or nvidia control panel.

16 hours ago, Utkarsh098 said:

I did do a gpu driver update. I did try a clean install for it after I got issues, then I also rolled back to a clean installation of much older driver. (17th sept)

If you are able to, try uninstalling you graphics display adapter in Device Manger, so uninstalling you graphic card driver. Start with just uninstalling it normally, rebooting then update to last working graphics driver.

If that doesn't help, try uninstalling it from device manager and removing driver software (its a check box while uninstalling). Reboot after doing this.

After rebooting your screen may be black for awhile (up to 5 minutes). If it doesn't come back either try signing in to you PC with no screen, or move over to integrated graphics by plugging into you mother board.

The install the last known graphics driver.

If this does not work, (and if you have the option to), try swapping things out like display cables/power cables from you PSU to your GPU.

If that doesn't work, try another PCI slot.

If that doesn't work welp might be dying GPU. 

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage