First Pc Build Is It Worth The Money For This Build?

CRAZYCOOL_OwO

Budget (including currency): $1,100

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: A mid range gaming experience

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I've already chosen my build only things that I need to decide on is a monitor and if the parts are worth my money and will work well together.

Pc build (newer).png

3 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

That looks like an extremely balanced configuration and from what I can see all those parts should work together just fine.

Thank you.

Just now, bmx6454 said:

the parts will work fine together, but you could swap out a few parts for cheaper alternatives, and have enough room for a better gpu.

I will most likely update the gpu later.

4 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

the parts will work fine together, but you could swap out a few parts for cheaper alternatives, and have enough room for a better gpu.

Is there a gpu you reccomend?

8 minutes ago, CRAZYCOOL_OwO said:

Is there a gpu you reccomend?

without knowing the resolution and games you wish the play, hard to know. rtx 3060 will likely be reasonably within budget, but very little info has been released so far. an rtx 2060 or 2070 (a bit pricier) would be great. but if you are going to be playing at 1080p, the 1660ti would be fine imo, probably fine for 1440p depending on the refresh rate and graphics settings.

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

without knowing the resolution and games you wish the play, hard to know. rtx 3060 will likely be reasonably within budget, but very little info has been released so far. an rtx 2060 or 2070 (a bit pricier) would be great. but if you are going to be playing at 1080p, the 1660ti would be fine imo, probably fine for 1440p depending on the refresh rate and graphics settings.

I'm looking for a 144hz monitor so I think I'll stick with the 1660 ti for now but later down the road I will most likely upgrade.

16 minutes ago, MurderM said:

Yeah it looks like a great build. I wouldn't swap out anything unless it's for an equal part that also happens to cost less.

Thanks for the advice I'll drop a follow on your twitch :)

8 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

Thank you for your advice it's much appreciated.

For your budget I feel like you're overpaying on multiple components. You can get a very good gaming experience with a 2070 Super / 5700XT type card at that budget, like this.

Suddenly you get 43% more GPU performance in 1080p (by Techpowerup's numbers) and 54% more in 4K, doudle the NVMe storage and similar components overall. If you choose an AIO you should know that at this budget it decreases your gaming experience by that much.

If you want to go team Green, the 2070 Super is the only worthwhile alternative imo, though it's $550 instead of $380

Edit: Corsair recently released a better airflow case if you're interested. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/WBVG3C/corsair-4000d-airflow-atx-mid-tower-case-cc-9011201-ww

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

For your budget I feel like you're overpaying on multiple components. You can get a very good gaming experience with a 2070 Super / 5700XT type card at that budget, like this.

Suddenly you get 43% more GPU performance in 1080p (by Techpowerup's numbers) and 54% more in 4K, doudle the NVMe storage and similar components overall. If you choose an AIO you should know that at this budget it decreases your gaming experience by that much.

If you want to go team Green, the 2070 Super is the only worthwhile alternative imo, though it's $550 instead of $380

Thank you this was very helpful.