In Defence Of Cables!

MrAxe

I hate the boring and overdone look of minimalist setups! They are just boring and copied so many times! When I see one I just think "Oh god.. Here we go again". Yes, they are overdone and require more work for less impact than my setup that I threw a copy cans of monster on and some red leds on... Also like I said you have to actively put more effort into change or finding a cable when you use this setup because they are tied behind or under your desk and you need to get into tricky positions to get to them!

I don't care about my subwoofer cables and my m&k cable hanging down the back of my desk because i don't sit under the desk and rarely see them! What different does it make to me? I'm not finding it hard to find which is which cable and its hard to tell what cable is what and to change stuff around with a ultra clean setup!

I run a homemade desk and a wingback arm chair with red everything on my desk because it looks cool and I don't hate one colour of rgb but when they are mixed like a supermarket after a bus drives through the doors into the fruit section.

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

I have a hybrid of it. All the cables I need are on the side of my desk in a diy ducktape cable holder so basically if I want the cables to be gone from the desk for lets say connecting my phone all I have to do is pull it down with my foot and voila deskspace. If I want to vacuum and mop under the desk I just quickly pull them all up and no problem what so ever.

I do use all my deskspace but also am just lazy and don't want to have to crawl or constantly connect and disconnect all my stuff :p. That and I have a giant 27 wacom drawing tablet that constantly move around on my desk so I can't exactly have  much on the part where it lives.

I do like to have as little not needed clutter on my desk (trinkets and decorations n such don't count) but also know when it just gets kinda insane with keeping it clear. It's a workspace and will be optimized and used as one.

26 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

I hate the boring and overdone look of minimalist setups! They are just boring and copied so many times!

The same can be said for both cable spaghetti and well managed cables.

Keeping cables to a minimum for easy management is the best compromise. 

Wireless everything for wireless sake is also OTT

As with everything a balance is best.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz