Please help and guide me in setting up Multi-boot External SSD

To whomsoever visits and comments(Helps me)on this thread, I'm grateful to you in advance. 🙏

My friend's I want to create a Multi-boot External SSD(Samsung T7)  having Windows 10, Ubuntu and Kali Linux installed. I want to keep my M.2 SSD clean for gaming and my Video Production. If I encrypt my M.2 SSD with Bitlocker, will it be accessible or can it be altered in any way from the above mentioned Multi-boot Drive? My goal here is to keep my M.2 SSD safe and secure from the Multi-boot DriveI'm open to your creative as well as technical advice.

Thank you.😊

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

* thread moved to the OS section *

Thank you, my friend. Im sorry for creating a topic unrelated to Section.

3 minutes ago, ethan_hunt007 said:

will it be accessible or can it be altered in any way from the above mentioned Multi-boot Drive?

No, unless you have the key. Really depends on how you manage bitlocker here.

are you using a tpm for bitlocker?

4 minutes ago, ethan_hunt007 said:

My friend's I want to create a Multi-boot External SSD(Samsung T7) 

are you sold on that drive? If you haven't gotten a drive, look at the iodd drives, lets you store multiple virtual drives, so no need to mess with bootloaders.

5 minutes ago, ethan_hunt007 said:

having Windows 10, Ubuntu and Kali Linux installed. I want to keep my M.2 SSD clean for gaming and my Video Production

Id install windows 10 first using windows to go, then shrink the partition and put the linux distros on here.,then setup grub.

27 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

No, unless you have the key. Really depends on how you manage bitlocker here.

are you using a tpm for bitlocker?

Will Bitlocker with or without TPM affect the efficiency(Write and read speed and the life) of External Multi-boot Drive? No, I don't have one(TPM). Shall I go for TPM. I have Asus 570 Pro Motherboard.

31 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

are you sold on that drive? If you haven't gotten a drive, look at the iodd drives, lets you store multiple virtual drives, so no need to mess with bootloaders.

No I have not purchased the SSD yet. I will surely take a look at IODD Drives. Yes as you have mentioned I don't want to deal the mess of multiple boot loaders.

33 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id install windows 10 first using windows to go, then shrink the partition and put the linux distros on here.,then setup grub.

Seems logical and reasonable to me my friend.

2 hours ago, ethan_hunt007 said:

Will Bitlocker with or without TPM affect the efficiency(Write and read speed and the life) of External Multi-boot Drive? No, I don't have one(TPM). Shall I go for TPM. I have Asus 570 Pro Motherboard.

won't effect the speed, but will effect security and options of bit locker. Do you want bitlocker on the external drive?

2 hours ago, ethan_hunt007 said:

No I have not purchased the SSD yet. I will surely take a look at IODD Drives. Yes as you have mentioned I don't want to deal the mess of multiple boot loaders.

Yea there super nice for this . Just put some vhds on it, and then you can just have a separate vhd for each os.

9 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

won't effect the speed, but will effect security and options of bit locker. Do you want bitlocker on the external drive?

No, my friend. I want to encrypt M.2 SSD using Bitlocker so that the Multi-boot Drive won't play with my important data.

Just now, ethan_hunt007 said:

No, my friend. I want to encrypt M.2 SSD using Bitlocker so that the Multi-boot Drive won't play with my important data.

ye then tht will work fine, just enable bitlocker in the current windows 10 install.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:35 AM, Electronics Wizardy said:

ye then tht will work fine, just enable bitlocker in the current windows 10 install.

If I encrypt my M.2 SSD using Bitlocker and if I try to access a file stored(From the windows installation on my M.2 SSD not from the Multi-boot drive) on the encrypted drive will it cause error like "FILE INACCESSIBLE" or something like that? And what will happen if I try to access bitlocker encrypted file from Multi-boot drive?

3 hours ago, ethan_hunt007 said:

If I encrypt my M.2 SSD using Bitlocker and if I try to access a file stored(From the windows installation on my M.2 SSD not from the Multi-boot drive) on the encrypted drive will it cause error like "FILE INACCESSIBLE" or something like that? And what will happen if I try to access bitlocker encrypted file from Multi-boot drive?

YOu just won't be able to mount that partition at all, you won't see any of the files on that drive until you put the password in.