*Sings* I can't wait to be free...

Damn, ryzen is lighting a flame under intel's arse. 

Now I kinda regret buying the r7 3700x.

Ryzen r7 5800x infinity fabric might hit 2ghz.

If I get the 5800 will I need to upgrade the ram? 

I'm using 3200 at the moment do I need higher speed ram? 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

6 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

need

No.

8 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Damn, ryzen is lighting a flame under intel's arse. 

Now I kinda regret buying the r7 3700x.

Ryzen r7 5800x infinity fabric might hit 2ghz.

If I get the 5800 will I need to upgrade the ram? 

I'm using 3200 at the moment do I need higher speed ram? 

No but would be preferable, rumors say 4000 will be the new sweet spot, emphasizing on rumors

You'd probably get a couple percent improvement (but as always, bait for wenchmarks), not worth it imo. You'd get more bang for your buck spending that ram budget on a 5900x instead of a 5800x

12 hours ago, Yebi said:

You'd probably get a couple percent improvement (but as always, bait for wenchmarks), not worth it imo. You'd get more bang for your buck spending that ram budget on a 5900x instead of a 5800x

Hmmm 16 cores now that be sweet but I don't think 16 cores would do well in my core 500 with all my 3d rendering and printing. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape.