Best mousepad?

sleezeep

So I finally did it I ordered myself a logitch g700 for my new mouse and it got me thinking about my mousepad. I have a ratpadz 4gs that I bought way back in 2005 I haven't had any problems at all, and for the $20 I think it cost me 8 years ago I really think it has been a good buy. My only complaint is that it wears on the mouse feet quicker than other surfaces, or at least this is what I believe. Should I consider getting a new pad for my new mouse? Or is it still a relevant and useful product? I haven't seen much being said about ratpadz in quite a few years so I guess I'm just curious.

My Timewaster: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.19v, Asus P8Z77-V, Noctua NH-D14, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 16 GB Corsair Vengance, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, HAF 912, Logitech G710+, G700

This would be my current favourite...

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Roccat Raivo has the best Glide/less friction ive EVER experienced on a mousepad.

Roccat Alumic would be a choice too, i like the gel pad that comes with it its very comfortable

Razer Goliathus comfortable Cloth pack

Steelseries 9HD its a hard surface mousepad

i hope i could help you :)

Are you looking for a cloth surface or a hard surface mouse mat?

RAZER GOLAIATHUS EXTENDED! :) I've been using mine with my ouroburos for quite some time now and best combo I've had so far. :) 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

Take a look at the QcK series of mousepads from Steelseries! They are used by many professional gamers.

Right now I prefer soft mouse pads. I was using Razer Destructor and Scarab before and while the precision and control is brilliant my mouse feet(Razer ones) did not last long. Right now I am using Steelseries QcK and it is the best thing I have ever used and that's what I would prefer anyone to use before they make decision to buy expensive mouse pad.

Intel Core i5-3570K @4,2Ghz w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 || MSI Z77A-G43 || Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 || MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G || Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB || CM Storm Quickfire XT || Roccat Kone Pure Optical || Logitech z-623 // Fiio e09k+e07k and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ohm + Zalman ZM-MIC1

I have SteelSeries QCK+ fnatic edition and I really like it

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Do not buy a Razer Ironclad, this mouse pad sucks badly.. even Razer said it.

I currently own the Razer Goliathus ... and this mousepad makes my desk look SOOOO good.. I swear, it feels so good, and you CAN wash it ... really.. it's GOOD!!! I can put ANY mouse I want on it... and it stays CLEAN!!!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I'm rockin' two old pink and blue Go Army mousepads from the 90's that used to be my dads. I'll use anything except those cheap plasticy ones that chip and break, thick rubber with a cloth top's the way to go.

Do not buy a Razer Ironclad, this mouse pad sucks badly.. even Razer said it.

I currently own the Razer Goliathus ... and this mousepad makes my desk look SOOOO good.. I swear, it feels so good, and you CAN wash it ... really.. it's GOOD!!! I can put ANY mouse I want on it... and it stays CLEAN!!!

Clean it, what? I'm pretty sure I read about people washing it and they were getting some pretty serious chemical burns.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

You want hard og soft surface?

You could just go for the well known Stellseries Qck, which comes in wide variety of sizes. Good soft surface mousepad, also the Razer Goliathus is nice - You could get the Speed Edition, if you are worried about wear and tear of your mousefeet. http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mouse-pads/razer-goliathus-speed-edition/

If you were thinking about going hardsurface, give the Qpad HeatoN a look. http://www.qpad.com/products/mousepads/

Grats on your new mouse ;)

"I didn't find a path through life, I created one" Ryan Doyle

Razer Goliathus. It a beautifully made pad. I just wish I had gotten a normal sized one instead of the extended cause the extended is a bit to big for my desk

All of the mouse pads mentioned so far are overpriced ripoffs in pretty boxes. Just get an XTracPads Pro HS for $6.99 and be done with it. Don't be a victim to all the marketing hokum from the likes of Razer, SteelSeries, Roccat, Mionix, Corsair, etc. A mouse pad doesn't need to cost $35-$50 to do its job.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

All of the mouse pads mentioned so far are overpriced ripoffs in pretty boxes. Just get an XTracPads Pro HS for $6.99 and be done with it. Don't be a victim to all the marketing hokum from the likes of Razer, SteelSeries, Roccat, Mionix, Corsair, etc. A mouse pad doesn't need to cost $35-$50 to do its job.

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-QcK-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B000UEZ36W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367698396&sr=8-1&keywords=steelseries+qck

Mine was free soooooooo

Edit: Also, the Goliathus Extended is 5 bucks more then the XXL Xtracpad. Just saying :P

The QCK is a very decent mousepad this it takes my vote.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well, yes, SteelSeries has more affordable offerings as well, so I shouldn't have used the word all, but, in general, these companies offer overpriced products. The QcK is excused, although I'm personally not a fan of cloth solutions.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Well, yes, SteelSeries has more affordable offerings as well, so I shouldn't have used the word all, but, in general, these companies offer overpriced products. The QcK is excused, although I'm personally not a fan of cloth solutions.

True mate, I generally stay away from SS products though I do own Siberia V2s :( and a QCK. Their mice are terrible and yeah they are quite overpriced. The QCK is still a decent pad though and I'm now more of a cloth type of guy since I had a Roccat Sota which was a mixture of both soft and hard which didn't fair too well.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

One thing I like about hard surfaces that no one can dispute is that they're really easy to clean. Just get a damp rag, wipe it down, and you're finished.

I have the corsair MM600 and I love it. It's 2 sided with an aluminum body and it is ruggedly built and looks awesome. I also got it on sale for 25% off, which made me even happier about my purchase. 

PC Specs: CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-v lx | RAM: 8GB Patriot memory | GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti | PSU: Corsair GS500

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair K70 Silver/Blue | Mouse: Logitech G500s | Speakers: Logitech Z506 | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor 

Well, you did write Steelseries specifically. Though I am a bit with you on this one, but people should spend their money as they wish. Many companies will slam a big price on cloth mats, and those are not totally worth the price, though hard surfaces I understand a bit better.

I have a razer scarab and i love it..

I also have a scarab and love it. It performs great and just looks awesome. And it will match just about any setup you have