Pc noob building a Pc

Dragamesh

Budget (including currency): $1260ish 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Ark Survival, Destiny 2, CoD,numerous jrgps etc...) and General use.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Need some advice on a good budget keyboard and mouse

Like the title I'm a pc noob building his first pc. Just wanted to get some opinions on how the build looks. I also need some advice on a good budget keyboard and mouse. Thanks in advance!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TengenToppa/saved/#view=HTzRvK

10 minutes ago, Dragamesh said:

Budget (including currency): $1260ish 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Ark Survival, Destiny 2, CoD,numerous jrgps etc...) and General use.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Need some advice on a good budget keyboard and mouse

Like the title I'm a pc noob building his first pc. Just wanted to get some opinions on how the build looks. I also need some advice on a good budget keyboard and mouse. Thanks in advance!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TengenToppa/saved/#view=HTzRvK

good list. maybe get an nvme for faster boot times, but i think its pretty good!

with a high refresh 1080p panel there may be some games where you would want either current Intel or a new 5000 series AMD processor to saturate the monitor, I still really like the 3600 for providing a great 6 core for the money though

Personally wouldn't suggest the NZXT H510 because of airflow, although I've got the H700 so I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite. Regardless it shouldn't be too much of an issue with that hardware I don't think

You show a motherboard with built in Wi-Fi and an adapter, was this intentional?

As far as the other parts I'm not going to overdo the critique, would just suggest taking a look at the used gpu market before pulling the pin on a new lower tier card. Used prices have mostly bounced back, and didn't change that much in the lower end, but could still be some deals out there with a couple new series of cards entering the market shortly

2 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

with a high refresh 1080p panel there may be some games where you would want either current Intel or a new 5000 series AMD processor to saturate the monitor, I still really like the 3600 for providing a great 6 core for the money though

Personally wouldn't suggest the NZXT H510 because of airflow, although I've got the H700 so I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite. Regardless it shouldn't be too much of an issue with that hardware I don't think

You show a motherboard with built in Wi-Fi and an adapter, was this intentional?

As far as the other parts I'm not going to overdo the critique, would just suggest taking a look at the used gpu market before pulling the pin on a new lower tier card. Used prices have mostly bounced back, and didn't change that much in the lower end, but could still be some deals out there with a couple new series of cards entering the market shortly

Thanks for the reply!, I'll stick with the 3600 for now just due to the budget. Same thing with the case. As for the motherboard and adapter that was just me not paying attention so thanks for that. The motherboard with the built in wifi is necessary since I don't have ethernet access. I'll deff take a lot at the gpu market. Anyone I should be specifically keeping my eye on?

26 minutes ago, fffkylian said:

good list. maybe get an nvme for faster boot times, but i think its pretty good!

Thanks! i'll deff keep that in mind. Is there any nvme you recommend? 

2 minutes ago, Dragamesh said:

Thanks! i'll deff keep that in mind. Is there any nvme you recommend? 

maybe a silicon power. solid ssd manufacturer. or a sumsung 870 or 970 evo. (more expensive)

3 minutes ago, Dragamesh said:

Thanks for the reply!, I'll stick with the 3600 for now just due to the budget. Same thing with the case. As for the motherboard and adapter that was just me not paying attention so thanks for that. The motherboard with the built in wifi is necessary since I don't have ethernet access. I'll deff take a lot at the gpu market. Anyone I should be specifically keeping my eye on?

I was just figuring you might be able to find a used higher tier gpu for the same price as your new one. You could also potentially pick up a used 3600 from someone planning on upgrading to 5000 series to free up more budget for a better gpu

19 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

I was just figuring you might be able to find a used higher tier gpu for the same price as your new one. You could also potentially pick up a used 3600 from someone planning on upgrading to 5000 series to free up more budget for a better gpu

Got it, I'll deff be looking then to see if I can catch a good deal on something. Thanks again for you inpunt.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING X Video Card  ($389.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair 4000D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: VIOTEK GFV24C 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1149.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-14 18:15 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

9 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING X Video Card  ($389.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair 4000D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: VIOTEK GFV24C 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1149.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-14 18:15 EDT-0400

I'm assuming this packs more punch than the build I previously posted?

3 minutes ago, Dragamesh said:

I'm assuming this packs more punch than the build I previously posted?

You get a much better GPU, motherboard and PSU. You can get a pci-e wifi card if you need it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

23 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

You get a much better GPU, motherboard and PSU. You can get a pci-e wifi card if you need it.

Will deff need wifi card, no access to ethernet unfortunately. Any recommendations  on a good one? Also, is this psu weaker than the one I previously had? if so why go with just? Just trying to gain some extra knowlege.

2 hours ago, Dragamesh said:

Will deff need wifi card, no access to ethernet unfortunately. Any recommendations  on a good one? Also, is this psu weaker than the one I previously had? if so why go with just? Just trying to gain some extra knowlege.

Pick a pci-e wifi card with wifi 6/AX support, should cost you around $30. The RMx is much better built than the BQ.

17 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Pick a pci-e wifi card with wifi 6/AX support, should cost you around $30. The RMx is much better built than the BQ.

Thanks for your help!