I want to upgrade my ram

I'm using a lenovo m900 tiny which uses this stick of ram, (look at the picture), and I was wanting to get another 8gb stick to put in so then I would have 16gb of ram. The only problem is that I've heard that if the ram didn't come in the same pack, even if its the same ram with the same model number and everything, there can be compatibility issues. Can someone explain this to me? Like, do I really need to worry about this? Or should I just buy the cheapest 2400mhz 8gb sodimm stick I can find?

20200926_162354.jpg

or easiest thing is,go to crucial web page,select memory site,the site will scan your hardware and tell you what you can put in your laptop to upgrade it,like what size,how many mhz etc.

Then copy paste the name of ram that it gave to you and find where to buy it,or buy it directly from crucial.

4 minutes ago, AzzaNezz said:

or easiest thing is,go to crucial web page,select memory site,the site will scan your hardware and tell you what you can put in your laptop to upgrade it,like what size,how many mhz etc.

Then copy paste the name of ram that it gave to you and find where to buy it,or buy it directly from crucial.

Thanks for the answer, I will look into that!

12 minutes ago, AthruNe said:

Thanks for the answer, I will look into that!

its the fastest way.

I just contacted my laptop manufacturer to see amount of max ram supported is(16gb in my case),and i went on crucial,they scanned my mhz speed and all the other data,and showed me right ram.I copy pasted the full name of ram,went on amazon and got the ram in like 2 days.

It doesnt matter if the ram different batch or manufacturer.1 stick of my ram is from crucial and 1 from hynax,and it works without problem.

22 hours ago, AzzaNezz said:

its the fastest way.

I just contacted my laptop manufacturer to see amount of max ram supported is(16gb in my case),and i went on crucial,they scanned my mhz speed and all the other data,and showed me right ram.I copy pasted the full name of ram,went on amazon and got the ram in like 2 days.

It doesnt matter if the ram different batch or manufacturer.1 stick of my ram is from crucial and 1 from hynax,and it works without problem.

Yeah, I looked into it. I think I will try and find one that they recommended on prime for a prime day deal since that is happening right now. Lol, I ended up finding the same ram I already have on ebay for 25$ with free fast shipping. Cool, now I will have it by monday. Thank you for your help sir!!