AOMEI Backerupper

jacob_samd

Hello,

I am using AOMEI backerupper to backup files offsite through a vpn. It take files from my NAS and backs them up to it. Not here to discuss if thats the best option but thats how I am doing it.

I am wondering if anyone has had issues with it. I have an issue with it freezing up during backups. Windows completely freezes and I have to physically go and restart the computer. Any ideas as to what is bottle necking this? 

G3258 Pentium CPU

8GB Ram

Some Asrock Z97 Motherboard I believe

CPU usage seems to be high at times. I am thinking about finding a 4 core off ebay and trying that out. Anything would help. Thanks

30 minutes ago, jacob_samd said:

G3258 Pentium CPU

This is the problem. AOMEI is not the most optimized for low power CPU's and the problem is worse if you are using it during a backup.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

7 hours ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

This is the problem. AOMEI is not the most optimized for low power CPU's and the problem is worse if you are using it during a backup.

So do you think it's worth just upgrading to an eBay CPU? Or spend money and replace motherboard, CPU, ram?

Is the disk io light on when it freezes? 

What is cpu and ram and disk usage when doing the backup?

Since the whole pc freezes, this seems like a hardware issues where the system isn't stable.

11 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Is the disk io light on when it freezes? 

What is cpu and ram and disk usage when doing the backup?

Since the whole pc freezes, this seems like a hardware issues where the system isn't stable.

This is when it froze. I'm thinking it was a cpu issue but figured I'd ask around on here before making assumptions. 

7C5CD103-1645-4C33-BABD-ADCD7695563C.jpeg

3 hours ago, jacob_samd said:

This is when it froze. I'm thinking it was a cpu issue but figured I'd ask around on here before making assumptions. 

It doesn't seem like a cpu usage issue, using the full cpu won't freeze a computer. Im guessing there is some issue where the pc isn't fully stable.

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

It doesn't seem like a cpu usage issue, using the full cpu won't freeze a computer. Im guessing there is some issue where the pc isn't fully stable.

Psu problem maybe?

4 hours ago, jacob_samd said:

Psu problem maybe?

Maybe

Try resseting the bios nd running prime 95 to check and memtest 86 to test the ram. 

I ran CPU stress test for about 15 min and it froze up and gave me this. Some things I've seen say a bios update may fix?! Any other ideas?

88BBB138-63F8-45C3-9575-0D7FE8C559EF.jpeg

Just now, jacob_samd said:

I ran CPU stress test for about 15 min and it froze up and gave me this. Some things I've seen say a bios update may fix?! Any other ideas?

88BBB138-63F8-45C3-9575-0D7FE8C559EF.jpeg

Btw that sat all night because I didn't want to get up and go downstairs to reset it. I took the pic of the bsod this morning. 

3 hours ago, jacob_samd said:

Btw that sat all night because I didn't want to get up and go downstairs to reset it. I took the pic of the bsod this morning. 

A bios update can help there.

Run memtest to see if its a memory error.

Did you reset the bios?

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

A bios update can help there.

Run memtest to see if its a memory error.

Did you reset the bios?

No memory errors. Power supply has plenty of power for the whole 75 watts this thing pulls. Also i ran the CPU z for about a half hour and no issues now. One core is way cooler than the other. But all sit at about 50-60 C at 100% cpu usage. I believe this cpu came out of a board that fried now that i think of it and did some research. I have another of the same cpu in my brother pc. I may give that a try and see if the issue persists.