HD8 DJ vs Kraken 7.1

Ever sense I quit using my Bose headphones that I got for free music feels kind of flat I guess. What kind of audio performance would I get if I switched to the HD8 DJ from my current Kraken 7.1. Also do you guys have any music I could try out for my Krakens and tell me what it's supposed to sound like. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The HD8DJ would outperform them so far, but it's near pointless to spend $400 on headphones unless you're a hardcore audiophile. Hell, you could get a GTX 780 ACX from EVGA for that much and you could do SLI.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

well linus scremed on camera about them so im guessing alot lol. and they are a headset(the krakens) so its obviously going to be an improvement especially with such an upgrade. but imo aint nobody got money fo dat

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

7.1 does not really affect music in my experience and if you just think about the price difference between the two it would sort of indicate how much of an upgrade is

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

The HD8DJ would outperform them so far, but it's near pointless to spend $400 on headphones unless you're a hardcore audiophile. Hell, you could get a GTX 780 ACX from EVGA for that much and you could do SLI.

I don't think any "audiophile" would really want to spend $400 on closed headphones and at that "DJ" headphones.

Well I'm getting a new 780 anyway so that doesn't really matter. I just want really good sound.

The HD8 DJ are great. I would personally get a pair of sub-$200 headphones (like the DT 990 Pro 250OHM) and a JDS Labs O2+ODAC.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I don't think any "audiophile" would really want to spend $400 on closed headphones and at that "DJ" headphones.

Which is why I never specified the HD8 DJs as being the best ones. I was using the term headphones to speak about them in general. If it were my choice, I would do the above.

Which is why I never specified the HD8 DJs as being the best ones. I was using the term headphones to speak about them in general. If it were my choice, I would do the above.

why JDSlabs? lol why specify any brand, an o2 from any manufcaturer is going to be the same.

HD8's no doubt

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I'm pretty sure you would get a much better experience.  I my self have the Kraken Pros and have compared them to some other headphones to find that they are crap when listening to music that is not 95% heavy bass. Listen to music that has a lot of distinct instruments as well as clear vocals and you will hear the muddiness. I think you should spend half of what the HD8 DJ's cost and get the Audio-technica ATH-M50s or similar.

why JDSlabs? lol why specify any brand, an o2 from any manufcaturer is going to be the same.

There is a real reason to this, but I will say instead because I would prefer JDS Labs.

Those headphones arent even in the same universe of quality.

I'm pretty sure you would get a much better experience.  I my self have the Kraken Pros and have compared them to some other headphones to find that they are crap when listening to music that is not 95% heavy bass. Listen to music that has a lot of distinct instruments as well as clear vocals and you will hear the muddiness. I think you should spend half of what the HD8 DJ's cost and get the Audio-technica ATH-M50s or similar.

ATH-M50's are ok if you can get it for $100 and get some proper earpads that won't turn into rocks. An ATH-AD700X is a better choice for desktop use though tbh.

What is wrong with closed headphones?

there is nothing inherently "wrong", but I personally prefer an open experience because you have a wider soundstage, it makes gaming quite and enjoyable with having a proper surround experience like you have never had before. Quite impeccable. Now then, I have yet to find very high tier headphones that are closed. So there's that too. 

Why did you quit using your Bose headphones? Seems to me like they would be a tad beyond the Kraken all around. The Sennheisers are definitely gonna do you a lot better, but I'd see if I could find HD600's in stock somewhere instead. They can usually be acquired for quite cheap these days, sound great and they're extremely comfortable.

What headphones do you have?

DT 990 pro's 250 ohms paired with my E10. 

$150? Would you highly recommend them or do you think these will be better?

I HIGHLY recommend them if you are into electronic music, although they require an amp for how much juice they need.

What amp should I get and what do they do?

how much money do you have?

Do you have an example song?

I find that when listening to orchestral stuff the piano and violin parts become sort of muddy and flat. That is the only specific thing I can think of. in most of my experience with other stuff it is hard to pinpoint the muddiness.

Idk $100? does it matter?

yeah.... Anyways for that price get an e10, if you can spare $25, get an o2

How about a DAC? Also do I need a sound card lol?

it comes with a dac.... and no you don't need a soundcard because this is what a soundcard does....