Help request : Budget system build (budget usd$1000/sgd$1300)

My friend Rita wants to join me and Shelly on the gaming stream we're planning, but her old Dell laptop isn't able to play games. She has a limited budget but needs a streaming pc. 

Budget : sgd$1355.00/usd$1000

Peripherals 

Samsung 1440p 120hrz 2 m-sec 27 inch - on horizontal arm (will switch to vertical) 

Microsoft black keyboard 

Microsoft black mouse

(Headphone and mic needed) + wireless controller 

Games : Command and Conquer remastered, Among us, Fall guys, Smite, Monopoly Plus,

Stream :  twitch/youtube. 

Video recording : for posting on her YouTube channel. (not created yet) 

Edited by StrawberryShortCakes
Added controller

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

20 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

My friend Rita wants to join me and Shelly on the gaming stream we're planning, but her old Dell laptop isn't able to play games. She has a limited budget but needs a streaming pc. 

Peripherals 

Samsung 1440p 120hrz 2 m-sec 27 inch - on horizontal arm (will switch to vertical) 

Microsoft black keyboard 

Microsoft black mouse

(Headphone and mic needed) 

Games : Command and Conquer remastered, Among us, Fall guys, Smite, Monopoly Plus,

1000 USD isn't budget build.

other than that, all the games you just cited are not very demanding (unless you NEED those 120fps, Smite might have a little hard time with that)

35 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Peripherals 

Microsoft black keyboard 

Microsoft black mouse

(Headphone and mic needed) 

I used to play Fall Guys on my moms old 100/200 dollar laptop pc 😂. It ran good no glitches!! Oh and by the way, my friend is putting together a 10,000 usd budget build🤣🤣.

15 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

1000 USD isn't budget build.

other than that, all the games you just cited are not very demanding (unless you NEED those 120fps, Smite might have a little hard time with that)

Nah she's fine with 80-100fps,

usd$1000 don't buy much in Singapore. 

Especially online

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Nah she's fine with 80-100fps,

usd$1000 don't buy much in Singapore. 

Especially online

ryzen 5 3600

b550 motherboard

2x8gb 3200 ram

500gb ssd

gtx1660 super

corsair tx550m

case with a front mesh

40 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

ryzen 5 3600

b550 motherboard

2x8gb 3200 ram

500gb ssd

gtx1660 super

corsair tx550m

case with a front mesh

Will the 3600 be OK with streaming? 

6 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Will the 3600 be OK with streaming? 

yes. and you can also stream directly with the gpu using the nvenc encoder.

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yes. and you can also stream directly with the gpu using the nvenc encoder.

OK, thanks. 

1 hour ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

OK, thanks. 

2 hours ago, boggy77 said:

ryzen 5 3600

b550 motherboard

2x8gb 3200 ram

500gb ssd

gtx1660 super

corsair tx550m

case with a front mesh

this is way too specific, you don't need anything that powerful to do streaming+ the games you mentioned.

gtx 1660 super is quite expensive, the only advantage of the 1660 over the 1000 series is indeed the nvenc encoder, unless you find it necessary, just buy an older generation card and use OBS.

ryzen 5 3600 is overkill, you don't need something that strong

Ram is good, speed doesn't matter as much though.

2 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

this is way too specific, you don't need anything that powerful to do streaming+ the games you mentioned.

gtx 1660 super is quite expensive, the only advantage of the 1660 over the 1000 series is indeed the nvenc encoder, unless you find it necessary, just buy an older generation card and use OBS.

ryzen 5 3600 is overkill, you don't need something that strong

Ram is good, speed doesn't matter as much though.

i just suggested a build that would fit the budget and allow all the proposed use cases and more to be done. maybe they'll want to try a more demanding game in the future and in this way, they will have the right pc.

Just now, boggy77 said:

i just suggested a build that would fit the budget and allow all the proposed use cases and more to be done. maybe they'll want to try a more demanding game in the future and in this way, they will have the right pc.

thats true

but if she wants to stream, maybe she wants to prioritize her budget into that?

on a side note

Most important rule for videos

Better have shitty picture quality and great sound quality then the other way around

1 hour ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

thats true

but if she wants to stream, maybe she wants to prioritize her budget into that?

on a side note

Most important rule for videos

Better have shitty picture quality and great sound quality then the other way around

Hmm so she'll need a good mic and cans as I requested