Need help on PC parts.

Budget (including currency): 3,000MYR (~700USD) on desktop unit

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

- Genshin Impact (Main)

- Nier:Automata

- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

- Cubase 10.5 (Music composition, Sound design, Audio editing for videos)

- Unity (Video game design incl. game testing)

- WWise (Video game audio integration)

- DaVinci Resolve 16 (Basic video editing)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Current planning to build a mid-tier PC build with really flexible budget. Would like to ask for advise whether this build is good enough or I should consider other that can save me few bucks without giving away much of needed performance. Much appreciated.

Current draft: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9XLLrr
Case: https://shopee.com.my/Tecware-Nexus-M-TG-Micro-ATX-Mid-Tower-Gaming-Case-Black-White-Black-White-Red-i.157405.2074315462 (Approx 35 USD)

37 minutes ago, Awesome84 said:

Can you do 16gb of Ram?

Yes. But the reason I go for 2x8 because I try to utilize the dual channel feature but 1x16 works for me as well.

29 minutes ago, CrusadeC said:

Budget (including currency): 3,000MYR (~700USD) on desktop unit

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

- Genshin Impact (Main)

- Nier:Automata

- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

- Cubase 10.5 (Music composition, Sound design, Audio editing for videos)

- Unity (Video game design incl. game testing)

- WWise (Video game audio integration)

- DaVinci Resolve 16 (Basic video editing)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Current planning to build a mid-tier PC build with really flexible budget. Would like to ask for advise whether this build is good enough or I should consider other that can save me few bucks without giving away much of needed performance. Much appreciated.

Current draft: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9XLLrr
Case: https://shopee.com.my/Tecware-Nexus-M-TG-Micro-ATX-Mid-Tower-Gaming-Case-Black-White-Black-White-Red-i.157405.2074315462 (Approx 35 USD)

If I were you I would bump it down to a 2600 and get a slightly better MOBO as A: the one on your Pcpartpicker list is not out of the box compatible with the 3600 B: if you're ever going to upgrade the motherboard is going to most likely going to have to be replaced. I would go with a 2600 and a better motherboard. ;)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

12 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

If I were you I would bump it down to a 2600 and get a slightly better MOBO as A: the one on your Pcpartpicker list is not out of the box compatible with the 3600 B: if you're ever going to upgrade the motherboard is going to most likely going to have to be replaced. I would go with a 2600 and a better motherboard. ;)

Is ASRock B450M Pro4 a good choice or there are other motherboards that can be considered.

the only issue I see with your build is the very bad quality psu.

cpu, mobo, ram and gpu are fine. the motherboard will be compatible, unless it's very old stock. don't go down to 2600, keep the 3600.

try to get the nvme ssd, rather than sata, it shouldn't be much more expensive.

11 minutes ago, CrusadeC said:

Is ASRock B450M Pro4 a good choice or there are other motherboards that can be considered.

it's a bit better than what you originally chose, yes

27 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the only issue I see with your build is the very bad quality psu.

cpu, mobo, ram and gpu are fine. the motherboard will be compatible, unless it's very old stock. don't go down to 2600, keep the 3600.

try to get the nvme ssd, rather than sata, it shouldn't be much more expensive.

Would this build be better? I have tweak some choices I made previously. Making some trade off my graphic card power for budget.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qwHZxc

4 minutes ago, CrusadeC said:

Would this build be better? I have tweak some choices I made previously. Making some trade off my graphic card power for budget.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qwHZxc

yes, it's better, although it's a shame you can't get the 1660 super anymore. if you can go back to the initial motherboard, and for psu get a corsair cx450, mayybe you can afford the 1660 or 1660 super?

20 hours ago, boggy77 said:

yes, it's better, although it's a shame you can't get the 1660 super anymore. if you can go back to the initial motherboard, and for psu get a corsair cx450, mayybe you can afford the 1660 or 1660 super?

I'm fine with sacrificing a bit by getting the 1650S since it's still way better than the GeForce 940MX I'm using at the moment.
Here's my updated draft:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: ASRock B450M Pro 4 Micro ATX AM4 / ASRock B450 Steel Legend (Which one is better for a long run)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650S (Super) 4GB GDDR6

RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB (1x16) DDR4 3200

SSD: WD Blue SN550 250GB M.2-2280 NVMe

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM

WIFI: TP-Link TX50E AX3000 WIFI 6 & Bluetooth 5.0 PCIe Wireless Adapter

Case: Tecware Nexus M TG Micro ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 80+ 500W

MONITOR: 24" (23.8") ACER EK241biz (ACER SB220Q bi variant in Malaysia)

17 minutes ago, CrusadeC said:

MOBO: ASRock B450M Pro 4 Micro ATX AM4 / ASRock B450 Steel Legend (Which one is better for a long run)

they are the same, just get the cheapest

18 minutes ago, CrusadeC said:

WIFI: TP-Link TX50E AX3000 WIFI 6 & Bluetooth 5.0 PCIe Wireless Adapter

if you take the cost of this into account, can you get a motherboard that has integrated wifi? something like msi b550 pro-vdh wifi