Custom loop water temp

Hello good people,

i recently built my first custom loop for my 3700X only. (3080 will be included as soon as my waterblock arrives) Equilibrium water temp is ~35°C after about 40 minutes of full load. I use 5x 120mm worth of fans/rad and all fans at 600RPM until it reaches 35°C, slowly ramping to max RPM of 1500 between 35°C and 45°C. I guess it will only get warmer with the 3080 included. Ambient temp is between 21-24°C. Pump is a EK D5+Res combo.

As i have 0 context for what the water temp should be, what's your take on this? Is 35°C okay?

I don't have a clue what max liquid temps should be under full load and what's ideal. Maybe even share your own stats so i can have a bit of context what you're cooling and at what liquid temps and fan speeds.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Water temp doesn't really matter. What matters is are the components staying cool after doing a long heavy use task? If the answer to that is yes then you are good to go.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Hello good people,

i recently built my first custom loop for my 3700X only. (3080 will be included as soon as my waterblock arrives) Equilibrium water temp is ~35°C after about 40 minutes of full load. I use 5x 120mm worth of fans/rad and all fans at 600RPM until it reaches 35°C, slowly ramping to max RPM of 1500 between 35°C and 45°C. I guess it will only get warmer with the 3080 included. Ambient temp is between 21-24°C. Pump is a EK D5+Res combo.

As i have 0 context for what the water temp should be, what's your take on this? Is 35°C okay?

I don't have a clue what max liquid temps should be under full load and what's ideal. Maybe even share your own stats so i can have a bit of context what you're cooling and at what liquid temps and fan speeds.

Yep, its fine. Anything under 60 degrees is good as that is what the pumps can handle.

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Hello good people,

That's totally fine under full load. Zen2 runs a bit hotter than Zen and Zen+. 35-45°C is absolutely fine though. Bear in mind that you will usually not push both GPU and CPU to their absolute limits so expect water temps in the 40s under regular gaming loads. Totaly fine.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

I stay between 35-41c. I don’t want it in the high 40’s for prolonged use given how the blocks react to that kinda temp. Only had one warped block so far but I know a lot more now. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz