Did I get a faulty monitor? please help

Hey guys I need help

I got my new monitor yesterday (ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q) and I have a wired feeling its faulty.

Out out of the box, when I went to plug in the power cable, I noticed that the actual power input on the monitor was seemingly pushed inside the monitor and was off centre/loose. I moved it around a little and it plugged in and it turns on with no problem.

My problem lies with the picture, this is a 144hz IPS display, but viewing angles dont seem great. I have put the brightness up to 100% with still no luck. this is to the point where if im looking directly at it the sides are noticeably darker than the middle, and its only 24 inches. Compared to my other older and cheaper IPS display, the older one out performs it in this space. Although the newer one is brighter. 

My other problem is it seems like theres a blue filter on the monitor. I have played around with all the settings I possibly can, all the user modes are horrible except for one. I have tried calibrating it but I dont really know what im doing so it didnt help. The blacks dont seem very deep at all either, atleast not compared to my old one. the other colours are vivrant, but this blue glow is really annoying. On some other settings the monitor has a seemingly yellow filter over a blue one. I even tried setting it to normal colour temp instead of the user mode and that is extremely blue.

Now I'm not sure if this monitor is faulty or I was just expecting more? The reviews are very good only so I dont know if I should ask for a replacement. I am known to be very picky ahaha. 

When i use it with my PS4 the colours seem nice and monitor works well ingame, but for daily work I am dissopointed.

Does anyone know how to help? 

thanks in advance