Seagate Exos X16 for Home PC?

Goodday everyone!

I noticed today that the price of the Exos X16 hard drive dropped by over 50% in my country and I was wondering if the exos series can be used as a standard PC drive for a plex, a gaming library or for general storage like the WD Red drive I am currently using. Since it uses SAS will it be supported?

I haven't heard the best when it comes to Seagate drives and I had a bad experience with one a few years ago which made me switch to WD but since this is supposed to be a top of the line drive with a 5 year warranty plus many safety features, would you recommend them quality-wise? How do they compare against the WD drives when it comes to reliability?

Finally, could somebody explain to me the difference between the exos series and series such as the ironwolf or Red (by WD)?

Thank you in advance

Exos is an enterprise drive design for server and data centres in mind. Be sure to check if the Exos you are buying uses SATA or SAS interface (They are not compatible with each other, although there's an adaptor available). As for IronWolf or WD Red, they are more for NAS (Network Attached Storage) and aim for home office and prosumers, hence they are cheaper.

I haven't used one so I'm not sure about the reliability.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Thank you for the reply!

The drive I mentioned uses the SAS Interface so I will need an adapter if I buy it...