Ryzen 5 3600x after market cooler

Arian78

Hello everyone!

I have a ryzen 5 3600x with stock cooler, the idle temps are 46 - 58 and while gaming it goes to 75 - 80. I wanted to buy an after market cooler, my current option is "Deep cool gammaxx 400 v2". Is it good enough?

The full specs of my pc are like this:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600x

Motherboard: Asus prime b550 m-k

Gpu: Asus rog strix rx 5700xt

Power: Cooler master bronze 550w

And my case has:

3 intake fans in front panel

1 exhaust fan on the top

1 exhaust in the back panel

Yes. Your temps are also already fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm deep into this and got a NH-D9L on Saturday but mostly for fan noise.  I'm not going to be using my tower more for work and upgraded it for noise.  What I've noticed is that temps haven't gotten much better so I'm now experimenting with manual OC of things to prevent the power surges that are ramping fans all the time.  

In doing all of this though, I came across something I can't explain.  Running R20, or other benchmarks, I'm getting temps in the mid 70's.  If I run folding at home, just on the CPU to stress it.  I get temps in the 80's, but both situations I'm seeing 100 utilization, anyone got an idea on that?   Wanted to do stress testing of CPU with GPU under load to set the OC.

I seemed to get a stable OC at 4.1 and 1.25v  and temps drop to around 51 like when typing this out, compared to 55-56 before.  

Picture left half is stock, then right half after setting OC in RyzenMaster

OC.JPG