iPad OS Emulator? Maybe? iMessage on Windows

doodberry

Might be the wrong spot to post this, but what the hell..

I'm an iPhone/Windows user and was looking for a way to get iMessage on my desktop. All of my reading lead to me emulation. iPadian doesn't seem to be the most trustworthy thing and a VM seems like too much work. Any solutions/recommendations? If I figure it out beforehand, I'll edit that post. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Simple use a Mac with its OS or switch to Android. The problem is that Apple doesn't allow this outside of it ecosystem. These apps you see for iPhone do workaround. Only on Android you can have an app that uses Bluetooth to sync up notifications, allows replies from any apps, including text messages. Such app is Windows 10  built-in app: Your Phone.

On 10/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, GoodBytes said:

Simple use a Mac with its OS or switch to Android. The problem is that Apple doesn't allow this outside of it ecosystem. These apps you see for iPhone do workaround. Only on Android you can have an app that uses Bluetooth to sync up notifications, allows replies from any apps, including text messages. Such app is Windows 10  built-in app: Your Phone.

I know this now after doing some more research.

It's been a constant battle between my hatred of Apples enclosed ecosystem and my love for their attention to privacy.

19 minutes ago, doodberry said:

I know this now after doing some more research.

It's been a constant battle between my hatred of Apples enclosed ecosystem and my love for their attention to privacy.

Yup. There is nothing wrong with Apple approach. If they allow this, then any app can just pull the "I won't work if I don't have that permission", and users will give it permission, even though it has no relation to actually needing it (we see this on Android at times), and voila, your messages are read by an app and can do what it wants.

So, Apple is only trust themselves and no one else. So, it comes down to where do you draw the line in privacy, Apple has chosen that messages should be fully non-accessible to anyone. I mean, I don't blame them. It sucks, as you mentioned, when you want such features outside of their ecosystem, but in the other hand, your are maximizing your privacy of many of your personal data.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:26 PM, GoodBytes said:

Yup. There is nothing wrong with Apple approach. If they allow this, then any app can just pull the "I won't work if I don't have that permission", and users will give it permission, even though it has no relation to actually needing it (we see this on Android at times), and voila, your messages are read by an app and can do what it wants.

So, Apple is only trust themselves and no one else. So, it comes down to where do you draw the line in privacy, Apple has chosen that messages should be fully non-accessible to anyone. I mean, I don't blame them. It sucks, as you mentioned, when you want such features outside of their ecosystem, but in the other hand, your are maximizing your privacy of many of your personal data.

Amen dude. It's weighing the pros and cons. I completely understand their reasoning behind it.

I was just having a conversation with a friend about this last night over dinner. He didn't understand why I'm such a PC guy, but still use and iPhone. After a few minutes of explaining the cost and benefits to him, example being I'm more likely to lose my phone than my desktop, he saw where I was coming from.

Whatever! Lol, after watching The Social Dilemma I'm in the fad stage where I've cut all notifications anyway.