Choosing new 144Hz monitor

Zitzy

Hi all,
frankly I went through loads of reddit posts and 7 whole google pages :D, but I am still not sure what I am looking for :D
My situation: 
I am going to build new gaming PC with 3080(when they are finally available), so I am tryting to also upgrade my monitor. I pretty much settled that 1440p 144Hz would be best option for me (probably). I play mosty RPGs(WOW, Elder scrolls, witcher...), strategies (w3, SC2), open world games (GTA/Saints row/Just cause...) and sandboxes (Factorio, Satisfactory, space engineers...)
So am looking for kinda all rounder with exception of first person shooters which I play really really rarely.
I think I need IPS or VA panel as I really like nice colors and good contrast. Am not sure about curved or non curved but I want 27-29 inch at most. Also my budget is around 500Euros (roughly 590$ or 780CAD with current rate)
Any suggestions are appreciated :)
Thanks

I was in the same situation as you recently. I ended up picking up this monitor. Its maybe more of a budget pick than what you're after, but it checked all of my boxes. It comes in today, so I will update on my first impressions when I get it set up later. 

One caveat is that I'm not sure about G-Sync compatibility, which if you're planning on upgrading to a 3080 I'm assuming you're looking for. 

I got a dell s2721dgf today. From reading it has the same panel as the highly rated lg27gl850, but 165hz out of the box, also has a more extravagant surrounding.

If you know someone that works in a big office, they may be able to get you a further 15% off with dell advantage, or have access to a student email address, dell also does discounts for them.

I managed to get it delivered for £330 all in.

@j1mgg wow that monitor looks awesome :) thanks :) I will definitely consider it, this model is not available in store I buy all the PC stuff so I didnt knew about it at all.

Just now, Zitzy said:

@Deli do you actually have it? Is it good ? :)

I almost got it. But I end up choosing an 34" ultrawide.

The Dell monitor j1mgg recommends uses the same panel as the LG 27GL850. They are very much the same quality. Choose whichever is cheaper.

@Deli thanks, I already own dell ultrasharp, so am pretty much satisfied with the brand, as I will be buying the monitor in a month I will probably watch out for some deals :) 

1 minute ago, Zitzy said:

@Deli thanks, I already own dell ultrasharp, so am pretty much satisfied with the brand, as I will be buying the monitor in a month I will probably watch out for some deals :) 

Dell makes many great monitors. My first 1440p monitor is also a Dell. I'd say the Dell and LG are both great. You will be happy with either of them.