Frame drops witcher 3

Carz728

I currently am using a vega 56 with an i5 8400 and used to be able to run the witcher 3 at max settings 1080p with no issues. Just did a factory reset of my computer and reinstalled drivers. The game stutters like crazy almost to the point of unplayable. There are also more popins then usual. My gpu fan seems to slow down every time there is a frame drop. Anyone know what could cause this

Are you running Hairworks? Causes massive glitches on AMD cards, and generally buggers performance on everything just to give Geralt tentacles lol.

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Are you running Hairworks? Causes massive glitches on AMD cards, and generally buggers performance on everything just to give Geralt tentacles lol.

Yeah i do thing is though I had it on earlier and it was running fine.

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Here's a video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LJKh8DWBQYRTH3kwN9KcRA4rjUkL0kq9/view?usp=drivesdk

12 minutes ago, Carz728 said:

That doesn't look like vanilla witcher 3... Probably should have mentioned you were using mods. Try without them. Also disable hairworks, and maybe roll back your drivers.

If it's a driver issue though, it's probably a conlict because of residual files. Did you use DDU to remove the drivers before reinstalling them? Since you said 'factory reset', I'm assuming this is a prebuilt and the recovery image may have some old drivers.

Just now, Aereldor said:

That doesn't look like vanilla witcher 3... Probably should have mentioned you were using mods. Try without them. Also disable hairworks, and maybe roll back your drivers.

If it's a driver issue though, it's probably a conlict because of residual files. Did you use DDU to remove the drivers before reinstalling them? Since you said 'factory reset', I'm assuming this is a prebuilt and the recovery image may have some old drivers.

I'm not using mods. Tried disabling hair works same problem. And no I didn't use ddu to remove

It's harder to determine the stuttering in the video since you keep shaking the camera about, but try turning off Vsync if you haven't already and disabling the framerate limiter, then either imposing the limiter in Radeon settings or using RivaTuner to set it a frame or two below your refresh rate.