How do I backup my rdr2 progress.

Fika
Go to solution Solved by Kanna,
9 minutes ago, Fika said:

Ok so I want to transfer my rdr2 saves to another pc I downloaded my game on steam and obviously have the rockstar app installed how do I do that?

Insider the launcher do Settings > Select RDR2 under "My installed games" > Click "View Save Files" , on first boot you are prompted to select local or cloud if you picked cloud you should automatically get it

Ok so I want to transfer my rdr2 saves to another pc I downloaded my game on steam and obviously have the rockstar app installed how do I do that?

it should be cloud saved if im not mistaken. So you should be able to login to your Rockstar account on the new PC and launch the game and it should see your save. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

9 minutes ago, Fika said:

Insider the launcher do Settings > Select RDR2 under "My installed games" > Click "View Save Files" , on first boot you are prompted to select local or cloud if you picked cloud you should automatically get it

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

11 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

it should be cloud saved if im not mistaken. So you should be able to login to your Rockstar account on the new PC and launch the game and it should see your save. 

the thing is that when i first loaded the game i chose not to which was a mistake.

Do you have a save folder in Documents > My Games > Rockstar?

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Fika said:

oh ok i understood how to do it

good to go now?

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig