Need help on choosing which monitor to buy (1440p 144Hz)

ActionMan

I've been looking at these two specifically and one seems to have ELMB Sync + gsync compatibility at the same price as the other without it. 

I mainly play FPS games and after using a VA panel (1440p 144hz) with a bunch of motion blur (terrible experience) I wanted to spend the extra money and get something a lot better 

Currently using a 3700x + 2070 super. I find gsync to be important as of now as the 2070 super gets around 120fps in warzone and BF5

Thanks

ASUS XG279Q.png

PG279QE.png

There's no way you should skip out on G-Sync compatibility.  Don't get your hopes up for the 170Hz overclock if you want to be free of motion blur though.   In my experience, overclocked refresh rates (even advertised ones) are going to lead to motion blur.  That's not a universal thing of course, so you might get lucky, I'm just warning you.

Get the first one and don't overclock it.  1440p@144hz is still an amazing experience.  For non FPS games where you're hitting 60fps, just set the refresh rate to 120hz and turn on ELMB to avoid motion blur and get a very cinematic experience.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

There's no way you should skip out on G-Sync compatibility.  Don't get your hopes up for the 170Hz overclock if you want to be free of motion blur though.   In my experience, overclocked refresh rates (even advertised ones) are going to lead to motion blur.  That's not a universal thing of course, so you might get lucky, I'm just warning you.

Get the first one and don't overclock it.  1440p@144hz is still an amazing experience.  For non FPS games where you're hitting 60fps, just set the refresh rate to 120hz and turn on ELMB to avoid motion blur and get a very cinematic experience.

I checked out the LTT Monitor buying guide again and right now the LG one is £135 less, I might get this one since i plan on getting the rtx 3080 when it's restocked.

Should I go for the LG one? 

image.thumb.png.731032c4881ee4b0003a817aad9a29fd.png

Then theres also the first monitor that had ELMB sync from ASUS TUF (also shown on LTT) 

these were both recommended and its only £10 more. 

this is becoming a rabbit hole, help dig me out 😆

image.png

I went for the LG one aswell, was supposed to be arriving today on next day delivery, but it isn't :(

Order cancelled as a matter of principle.

I ended up cancelling myself, getting the rtx 3080 first 

2 hours ago, ActionMan said:

I ended up cancelling myself, getting the rtx 3080 first 

I have actually went for s2721dgf for £330, supposedly the exact same panel that is in the LG 27gn850