Samsung J7 Prime

hackgod

Hey guys,

My J7 Prime has stuck in a boot loop and won't turn on, I have tried draining the battery but it is still stuck .

I want to back up my data and perform a factory reset.

How should I proceed ?

Unless your phone has an unlocked bootloader, there's no way to pull the data off the phone. You could try booting into recovery mode, then connect your phone to a computer and manually pull data off but no guarantee that'll work.

To factory reset, you could try doing it via recovery.

If that doesn't work and you're still stuck in a boot loop, you'll need to use Odin, Samsung switch, or samsung kies (whichever of the 3 works for you) to flash the stock factory images onto the device while in download mode.

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

8 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Unless your phone has an unlocked bootloader, there's no way to pull the data off the phone. You could try booting into recovery mode, then connect your phone to a computer and manually pull data off but no guarantee that'll work.

To factory reset, you could try doing it via recovery.

If that doesn't work and you're still stuck in a boot loop, you'll need to use Odin, Samsung switch, or samsung kies (whichever of the 3 works for you) to flash the stock factory images onto the device while in download mode.

Flashing the stock factory images will wipe the data ?

1 minute ago, hackgod said:

Flashing the stock factory images will wipe the data ?

Generally, yes

1 minute ago, Airdragonz said:

Generally, yes

Also how to check if my phone has an unlocked bootloader ? And if yes then how to pull off the data

Just now, hackgod said:

Also how to check if my phone has an unlocked bootloader ? And if yes then how to pull off the data

If the bootloader is unlocked, most phones will display a message saying so upon turning the device on. If that's the case for you, then you can download and flash a custom recovery like twrp, then make a nanodroid backup of your data partitions before flashing OS images. 

11 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

If the bootloader is unlocked, most phones will display a message saying so upon turning the device on. If that's the case for you, then you can download and flash a custom recovery like twrp, then make a nanodroid backup of your data partitions before flashing OS images. 

My phone is still stuck in boot loop