Nvme Boot Samsung data Migration

Allmightyballs
I installed a 970 evo plus V-Nand in my MSI Gl73 8rd. I used the samsung data migration tool, transfer seemed sucessful. Went into bios changed it to boot from the 970, tried legacy & uefi neither would boot.

Did I miss a boot step, possible compatibility issue, migration failure?
Is there a specific way of setting up bios to get it to boot from the 970?
Should I remove the HDD & use a W10 usb even though I already used Samsung data migration on the 970?
Or do I have to do whats in the Toms hardware picture?

Ive found 3 different write ups & Im not sure which to follow getting the nvme to boot
Any steps to resolve the issue & boot from the Evo while using the HDD as extra storage would be greatly appreciated

20200927_054838.jpg

20200927_235129.jpg

toms hardware.jpg

Is the old HDD still bootable?  Is it not bootable but still listed as a boot drive and in the boot sequence?  Will the new SSD boot of the HD is not in the machine?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

@Bombastinator Yes & still boots even when its disabled & removed from the list. I removed it from the list & but the Samsung at the top of the boot list. Ive tried about 8 different suggestions but only took pictures from the first few attempts.