VR Gaming PC Build Help

jdino323

Budget (including currency): $1000 - $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VR Gaming, Valve Index VR headset, minor video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Trying to figure out which build might be better for VR Gaming.  I'm planning on getting my Valve Index soon and still need to build a PC for it, so I figured I'd ask you guys for help.  My budget is around $1000-$1500.  I know the 3060 is coming out in October, but I know it's probably going to be out of stock for a while, so I would like to build now, and be able to upgrade down the line!  I would be mainly using this PC for VR gaming and minor graphic design stuff for work (Photoshop, Illustrator).  I'm pretty new at this stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Build 1:

Build 2:

You are paying 20$ more for the x in the 3600x. A 3600 is almost the exact same, and is much better if you OC it. Could you wait a bit for the ryzen 4000 to come out and rtx3000 to be more available?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

either build should run vr pretty well, the 3700x might be a better choice for going longer before an upgrade, although it is worth noting that zen 3 is very close now. also, you can save around 100$ by getting a win10 pro key off ebay for 5-10$.