Audigy Fx vs Xonar DX

hincor

Want to try out Halo with EAX 2.0 and try out sound card vs onboard difference. Most of the time i use linux except when playing games i boot into windows. While i have heard that GX EAX 5.0 is terrible on Xonars how about the EAX 2.0 and EAX 1.0?

I reckon the audigy because I am a biased creative fanboy, I have no knowledge or reasoning for why it will be better except that it is creative.  I owned a SB16 and live 5.1 10 years ago and they were awesome.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

About the best way to try EAX today is with a modern Sound blaster card like the Z and then using Alchemy to get at the EAX effects. That will give you full EAX 5 in those old games. Its possible to hear some of it on Creative media chips but I have heard of spotty support and possibly only EAX 3 levels of support. I never really played with it on my Xonar to say one way or the other but many people have complained its just not very good.