Should i wait before buying rtx 3090 ?????

Kryst78

Hello everyone,

Someone told me that it's better to wait before buying a new CG who has just been put in sale, the 3090 in this case..

Because there always be better models, and the existing models may have some problems who are corrected in the future... do you think i should wait ?

Do you guys have ever heard of this ?

Thanks everyone !

Better models? Potentially.
Performance wise (speaking exclusively about the capabilities of the GPU itself) you're talking minor differences, AIB overclocked cards as opposed to reference design; low single digit percentages.

Better cooling performance?
Usually, yes. We have both the reference and AIB cards/coolers with the 2080 launch (generally, they don't tend to be wildly different between card SKU's intergenerationally). This generation, the reference cooler appears to be fairly competent, however.
Watch and read some reviews (plural, never trust a single source) on different cards and their cooler performance. If you're considering water cooling it, compatible block options will dictate your choice.

With all that said; You'll likely have to end up waiting anyway, if you want to be an informed consumer. Stock is expected to be low (coming directly from Nvidia)

Since we built GeForce RTX 3090 for a unique group of users, like the TITAN RTX before it, we want to apologise upfront that this will be in limited supply on launch day. We know this is frustrating, and we’re working with our partners to increase the supply in the weeks to come.

Much like the 3080 launch, stock will likely be gone within minutes, if not less.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

17 minutes ago, Kryst78 said:

Hello everyone,

Someone told me that it's better to wait before buying a new CG who has just been put in sale, the 3090 in this case..

Because there always be better models, and the existing models may have some problems who are corrected in the future... do you think i should wait ?

Do you guys have ever heard of this ?

Thanks everyone !

You should at the very least wait for reviews. We have no clue how it performs part from some leak saying it's 10% better than a 3080 which just seems wrong.

Alright thank you guys for your answers :)

Usually i always wait for reviews like you two said..but i was waiting for so long, and still using a 1060 3Go while i'm working with unreal engine 4 for my games projects...but i will wait a little longer, i think it's better. :)