Strange start up issues

InfernalEpicBird1982

I need help! I cannot figure out why my computer takes so long to post after it has sat for a while.

I'm linking a video from YouTube I posted this morning demonstrating the problem.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

21 minutes ago, InfernalEpicBird1982 said:

YouTube

Given the multiple power on and power off (judging by your RGB lighting) I'm willing to bet the mobo isn't happy about something.

Are you either using XMP or OCing anything?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Given the multiple power on and power off (judging by your RGB lighting) I'm willing to bet the mobo isn't happy about something.

Are you either using XMP or OCing anything?

I had to set the memory speed profile, it wasn't running at the package speed with default settings. Other than that I can't think of any other changes I made to the UEFI.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

2 minutes ago, InfernalEpicBird1982 said:

I had to set the memory speed profile, it wasn't running at the package speed with default settings. Other than that I can't think of any other changes I made to the UEFI.

If you set everything in the BIOS back to default, what happens?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

If you set everything in the BIOS back to default, what happens?

This is the only change I can think of that I made to the UEFI settings. 

I haven't tried to reset back to defaults yet. 

16006986903826387449015876354746.jpg

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

24 minutes ago, InfernalEpicBird1982 said:

I haven't tried to reset back to defaults yet. 

So, if you power on and power off your system on a regular basis, this issue doesn't occur, only if you leave it off for a time?

8 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

So, if you power on and power off your system on a regular basis, this issue doesn't occur, only if you leave it off for a time?

Correct. I went to the discord for some help and someone suggested to turn off the fast boot as it might have something to do with it and I've noticed that the problem is absent so far. I disabled it in windows and in the UEFI, I'll update in a date or so if the problem is resolved. 

Thanks for being willing to help.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

UPDATE!

Thanks to the input from here and from the discord the problem appears to be fixed for now. For the record, I changed the settings in asus UEFI for fast boot, and in windows power settings fast start up and disabled them both. Now the system seems to start up as normal. And either way, the start up is much faster without rebooting over and over before getting to log in. 

I'm attaching a video showing the new start up. 

Est Sularus Oth Mithas