Fans not working

tehgreg

Hi,

Today I finished building my PC and I encountered a problem.

I bought this case: SilentiumPC Armis AR6X EVO TG ARGB

and this motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS

I managed to connect everything on the first try, the PC booted but none of the case fans are spinning.

The RGB for them is working, it's just that they are not spinning.

I assumed that all I have to do is connect the cable named "PWM" from the back of the case to any of the "CHA_FAN" slot and be done with it.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me or point in the right direction. (I'd also appreciate if you spoke in layman's terms).

Greg.

I also own a case from SilentiumPC. The built-in fan controller needs to be powered by HDD power cable, did you do that?

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

6 hours ago, H6NS said:

I also own a case from SilentiumPC. The built-in fan controller needs to be powered by HDD power cable, did you do that?

Yes. Initially I missed that part and the fans didn't glow and spin. I connected the power cable and they started glowing but didn't spin. (at least I did that right)

1 minute ago, tehgreg said:

Yes. Initially I missed that part and the fans didn't glow and spin. I connected the power cable and they started glowing but didn't spin. (at least I did that right)

Do you have a button on top of your case for managing the FAN speed? Isn't it in the middle possition? Try moving this button to the side.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

5 hours ago, H6NS said:

Do you have a button on top of your case for managing the FAN speed? Isn't it in the middle possition? Try moving this button to the side.

No. Besides the usual (USB, audio) there's only a button for controlling the LED lights (it works) and the power button.

Just now, tehgreg said:

No. Besides the usual (USB, audio) there's only a button for controlling the LED lights (it works) and the power button.

If your fans light up, it means that they are powered. Check the manual, I would look for some physical switch in your case.

How many cables come out from fans? Rgb and normal 3 pin header? Are both plugged in?

I figured it out. It may not be the most efficient solution but it worked.

I unplugged every single fan from this connector box thing on the back and connected them individually to the motherboard. For some reason they didn't work when I tried to connect them to a single slot on the motherboard via this PWM cable.

Sorry for the commotion.