Will the RTX 3070 UK price decrease?

Go to solution Solved by boggy77,
15 minutes ago, Fezzanm2003 said:

In the RTX 3000 reveal it was stated that the RTX 3070 would retail for $500 which is £387.10 in the UK but the RTX 3070 founders edition is priced at £469.99 in the UK and some of the AIB cards have had their prices revealed as the same.

Will it be reduced?

UK vat is 20%, so if you add 20% to the £387, you get £465 which is pretty close to what it's priced at. I don't think you can find it cheaper than that

In the RTX 3000 reveal it was stated that the RTX 3070 would retail for $500 which is £387.10 in the UK but the RTX 3070 founders edition is priced at £469.99 in the UK and some of the AIB cards have had their prices revealed as the same.

Will it be reduced?

there's more to regional pricing than a currency conversion.

i'm not an expert in the field by any means, but that does sound like it's in the ballpark at least.

15 minutes ago, Fezzanm2003 said:

Will it be reduced?

UK vat is 20%, so if you add 20% to the £387, you get £465 which is pretty close to what it's priced at. I don't think you can find it cheaper than that

Maybe over time or when it goes on sale.

Here in the UK we have to add on VAT and most electronic items are subject to import and shipping taxes here which they add on to the price of stuff here too.

Take for instance the PS4 I got a launch through a mate in the US I paid £300 and 50 to ship it but then I had to pay VAT for bringing it in etc worked out more expensive I was trying to actually get it cheaper but didn't work xD

It may even increase due to demand (overhype) and after that if AMD doesn't provide a rival card at a similar price point, you may be waiting even longer for it to drop.