High memory usage

Krishdude

I am having a hp all in one pc with i3 7th gen processor and 4gb of ram which I brought two years ago, now i had built a new PC and I am selling this PC to my friend. For the first two or three months the PC was performing very well bet after that I noticed my PC is becoming slow. As I had said, it has 4gb of ram, even when I open one chrome tab 3.9 gb of ram is in use, I had give the screenshot below. Can anyone explain what is the reason and also tell me the solution to it.

Thanks In advance

Task Manager 18-09-2020 10_11_53.png

Because that's a tiny amount of ram. 

The system is probably desperately trying to get as much as it can in the ram so the machine has access to the data faster than if it was out of the ram.

if you're going to run a system that slow then decrapify it

adding an SSD (if it doesnt have one) and 4 more GB of ram will make it better

i noticed windows idle RAM usage have risen from 2.8gb to 3.5gb, and my windows installation is pretty clean

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 GB is just too few nowadays. My machine eats 7 GB of RAM just sitting on a desktop doing nothing.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

4GB of ram is the absolute bare minimum to boot windows (applications not included). 8GB is borderline unusable, 16GB is okay for most folks but quickly becomes bottleneck once start doing any decent chunk of multitasking or intensive applications. 

This is the laptop i keep in my garage for music and shop purposes. Currently it has about 15 tabs of chrome open, tidal music player, calculator, couple arduino IDE windows, word and Microsoft teams. I haven't even fired up something like a CAD program yet and I am at 11.5GB's used.

Spoiler

image.png.c79eed5169c7289904217aab3aaefae6.png

That system would probably be better served by a linux distro because you can get them where they are optimized for very low end hardware like embedded applications like a raspberry PI.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz