Quick Question

Jyspiration
5 minutes ago, Jyspiration said:

Thoughts about XFX RX580 2048SP Black Wolf.

That's not a RX 580,it's a RX 570 that AMD added 4GB to it and called it a RX 580.

Anyway those cards are getting old and don't have much life left in them.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-570.c2939

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/amd-radeon-rx-580-2048sp-8-gb.b6323

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I have an Asus ROG Strix Gaming Radeon RX590 that has 8GB of DDR5.  And it works great for what I do.  That's the real question, does it work for you?  Doesn't matter how old it is or what it does, what matters is does it work for you?  I have had this card for a while now and it works just as great now as it did the day I got it in the mail and put it inside my computer.

So, if you are considering an RX 570, or an RX580, or anything else for that matter, the real question is, will it do what I want it to do so is it really something I want to put my money in if it won't do what I want it to do for as long as I want to do it.

Only the OP can answer those questions.  Do something like I did before I bought my video card.  Get yourself a piece of paper and draw a few lines horizontally across the page and on that create a list with it that compares the multiple cards against each other.  List them like RX570, RX580, and any other card.

Model, how much vram does it have, how fast is the processor on it, as many details as you can list, then the last thing to compare will be, what do I want it to do?

With so many options these days in the field of video cards it can be an extremely daunting task to make the decision on which card to get.  As well as underrating a video card, video cards can be overrated too.  Take for example the new 3080 or 3090.  Sure, those are going to be awesome cards, but think about it for a minute, is it really worth the $2000 if all I'm going to do with it is some word processing, some spreadsheets, and a little gaming on the side like Fortnite?  Sure, it will run circles around the RX590 that I have, but is it worth the $2000 that I could put to better use somewhere else?  Not likely, especially since I live on a fixed income.

I think that I will stay with my RX590 for a while, besides, I can't afford to replace it and last but not least it does what I want it to do just fine.

Take care and wish you the best of luck.  Please keep me informed on what you decide to do, I would really like to know what video card you eventually decide to get.

Dogs come when they're called:  Cats take a message and get back to you.   Mary Bly

On 9/17/2020 at 2:05 AM, kb5zue said:

RX590

The RX 590 was a terrible choice since the day it was released,

It was meant to compete with the GTX 1660 but it performed significantly worse at the same price point,with no overclocking overhead and fairly high power consumption.

It's just an overclocked RX 580.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566