3600XT or 3700X

Hi i'm thinking of building a 3070 based system and I an wondering if I should go with the 3600XT or the 3700X. This will be a gaming only system soooooooo idk what else to say.

The 3600xt is just a 3600 that runs faster at stock. any decent 3600 should OC to close to it. The 3700x is superior in gaming, so I would do that if you can.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

the xt chips are bad value, the 3700x is a great chip though. but for just games a 10600k would be better for resolutions under 4k, disregarding zen 3

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Depending on your options you could go intel for just gaming.

I want the PCI-E gen 4 just so I don't have to worry about upgrading my motherboard and cpu when pcie gen4 becomes viable. 

10 minutes ago, Linus Drop TIps said:

I want the PCI-E gen 4 just so I don't have to worry about upgrading my motherboard and cpu when pcie gen4 becomes viable. 

though i would wait for the ryzen 4000 series.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Linus Drop TIps said:

This will be a gaming only system soooooooo idk what else to say.

For a gaming machine, the 10600k is faster than both when it comes to that, but strictly between these two, the 3600 non xt is more than enough and will perform similarly since games do not scale up to 8 cores and the mild bump in clock speed with the xt doesn't really make a difference. Or you could wait for zen 3.

14 hours ago, Linus Drop TIps said:

so I don't have to worry about upgrading my motherboard and cpu when pcie gen4 becomes viable. 

Technically z490 is gen 4 capable, but the current cpu's aren't, but either way, gen 3 x16 bandwidth at least for now is enough. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: