delete

sahi

delete

CPU: i7-4770k @stock  GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC  MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H  RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (1600 MHz, 2x8GB)

CPU Cooler: Stock Cooler  Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 2x256gb(OS/Games), 1TB Seagate Barracuda(storage)  PSU: Corsair AX860i

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70

I know the Dell Ultrasharp 24 inches (U2410 and U2412M) are both 1920x1200 IPS panels.  I can't compare the panel in these to the Asus one because I've never seen the ASUS one, but from personal experience and what I can see in pictures of the ASUS is that the Dell monitor stand is better.  The monitor stand Dell uses on their ultrasharps are so nice.  Every possible adjustment can be made to them. Height, Swivel, and tilt all feel so nice when adjusting the monitor.  Perhaps I'm biased because I have one ultrasharp and one cheap korean monitor stand to compare it to.

The ASUS PA248Q stand is pretty solid actually, and also allows for the full spectrum of adjustment options.  The addition of USB 3.0 makes it a nice touch too ;)  I find the screen controls to be pretty nice as well, though I can't comment on the Dell since I haven't used it.

The ASUS PA248Q stand is pretty solid actually, and also allows for the full spectrum of adjustment options.  The addition of USB 3.0 makes it a nice touch too ;)  I find the screen controls to be pretty nice as well, though I can't comment on the Dell since I haven't used it.

For Dell, it's exactly the same. ASUS in fact just copied the entire thing down to the monitor on screen menu. Sadly, the Dell on screen menu looks better.

ASUS:

menu.jpg

Dell: (Sorry camera terrible.. it's over 7 years old).

dellmenu.jpg

The Dell U2410 and U2413 (U2413 replaces the U2410. The U2410 still being sold, is now much less expensive as Dell tries empty its stock, making it an excellent deal).

Check out my monitor comparison table: http://www.helpweaver.com/monitor_2013.xlsx

thanks for the sheet

ASUS PB278Q=600euros

DELL U2713HM=476euros

DELL U2713H=588euros

DELL U2410=356euros

ASUS PA248Q=378euros

havent decided which one 27 or 24 inch ones could you tell me your opinion which ones i should buy or you would buy?

CPU: i7-4770k @stock  GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC  MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H  RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (1600 MHz, 2x8GB)

CPU Cooler: Stock Cooler  Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 2x256gb(OS/Games), 1TB Seagate Barracuda(storage)  PSU: Corsair AX860i

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70

Your welcome! Glad it helps.

Well a 27inch monitor (2560x1440) is GPU intensive. If you play games, and enjoy them at high or max settings, it might be an issue if your GPU is not powerful enough on demanding games.

So, it could mean SLI/Crossfire, or upgrading the GPU, depending on what you have (Well if you have a 680 or a Titan or similar from AMD, it should not be a problem, or maybe if it has more than 2-3GB of memory)

Now, if you don't play these visually demanding games, there is no worries (unless you run an quiet old GPU or something, which should already struggle with games).

Well, I think it all comes down these question:

to what are you doing now? What monitor do you have now? Do you feel tight in working space with the current monitor?

I went for the Dell U2410 over the ASUS series and I don't regret it. They are about the same price and they perform fantastic! On top of that I think they look a lot better than the ASUS, but that's all subjective. :D

Ah yes, the U2410 is a gorgeous monitor in every way. I love mine to bits.

Actually you did good, because at the time, ASUS had  a high-pitch whine issue going on if brightness was not set to max. And the brightness level was like the U2410.

As you know, the U2410 is freaking bright, and at 100% brightness your eyes will make you pay dearly. :)

They of course solved it, but much much later.

I heard the U2410's had some nasty dithering issues with the revision A00 as well. Luckily this is not an issue if you buy them today. :)

I heard the U2410's had some nasty dithering issues with the revision A00 as well. Luckily this is not an issue if you buy them today. :)

Ah yea... that was a sucky moment, but Dell did a recall. And as always, pays shipping both ways, and you got to keep the monitor while the replacement arrived, as any RMA call you do with them, which is awesome.

Your welcome! Glad it helps.

Well a 27inch monitor (2560x1440) is GPU intensive. If you play games, and enjoy them at high or max settings, it might be an issue if your GPU is not powerful enough on demanding games.

So, it could mean SLI/Crossfire, or upgrading the GPU, depending on what you have (Well if you have a 680 or a Titan or similar from AMD, it should not be a problem, or maybe if it has more than 2-3GB of memory)

Now, if you don't play these visually demanding games, there is no worries (unless you run an quiet old GPU or something, which should already struggle with games).

Well, I think it all comes down these question:

to what are you doing now? What monitor do you have now? Do you feel tight in working space with the current monitor?

i have decided to go with 24 inch Dell U2410 or ASUS PA248Q your opinion i game and watch movies i want to know which one of them is best for my situation

Do you just game and watch movies? In that case I'd honestly go for a TN panel.

On another post you said you have the U2410, as you can perfectly see, it's awesome at playing games and videos.

IPS panels are really fast since a many years ago.

i have decided to go with 24 inch Dell U2410 or ASUS PA248Q your opinion i game and watch movies i want to know which one of them is best for my situation

Difficult decision then.

The U2410 has more inputs, however as the ASUS monitor is newer, it has USB 3.0 hub inside, while the U2410 uses USB 2.0.

At max brightness, the ASUS monitor does show back light bleeding a bit. While it is normal at such high brightness level, it is a bit more than the U2410.

What I don't know about the PA248Q:

-> Real world response time

-> Does it use a true 8-bit panel, like the U2410 or is it 6-bit panel? The price says 6-bit panel to me, as it is comparable to other monitor 6-bit IPS panel price range.

-> Color reproduction. The only in depth review I found is in German... I can't read German.

Assuming the best (8-bit, and good color reproduction). It comes down to, do you want a wide gamut or a standard gamut monitor.

And now, we have just entered in this infinite battle of doom, that will never end, because they are 2 school of thought on it, if you will.

Short version:

-> Wide gamut with setting the Windows color profile to sRGB makes the monitor fine, however in games and in Chrome (specially that web browser, because its the only web browser that doesn't support color profiles), a hint of over saturation.

-> We are suppose to be in a wide gamut color spectrum, however, due to the big popularity of budget monitors, white LED wins, and it's "lack of gamut", made it to be "standard", so now it's standard gamut. As CRT monitors also followed the sRGB color gamut spectrum, this is the color settings that everything is adjusted to, making wide gamut monitor, irrelevant for web surfing and gaming, but is for magazine prints and so on, which uses wide gamut printers.

-> I say: as long as you don't do color critical work, the 10-15% increase in saturation in games won't be a killer, as the small. As for everything else, you can use sRGB color profile in Windows, and everything is fine. Also, the monitor does sRGB emulation, while not as good, it's pretty good.

If you are doing color critical work, then, beside that this monitor not fitting your needs, and beside the point that pretty much all pro grade monitors are wide gamut, you should have a color calibrator, and you should have the knowledge on how to calibrate PhotoShop or wtv software you use, to the color profile needed.