PC not POSTing 3/4 times

Poroniec

Hello,

I upgraded my PC roughly 2 months ago, and ever since I did this, my PC won't POST 3/4 times, and when it does, the BIOS time is between 23 and 25 seconds.

Pre-Upgrade Specs
CPU - Ryzen 3 2200G

GPU - MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X

MOBO - MSI B450M

RAM - Patriot 16GB kit (don't remember the speed)

PSU - Corsair CX650M

Drives - Boot drive is a Corsair MP510 M.2 SSD

Post-Upgrade Specs

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

MOBO - MSI X470

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (Again, don't know the speed. I believe it's 3200mhz though)

All components were bought brand new. I have already ensured my BIOS is up to date, I have tried factory resetting my PC, and I have also formatted my drives and reinstalled windows. Other than that, I'm not entirely sure what to do. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Maybe it's RAM related. Did you reset CMOS?

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

Yeah, I've used the button on the board, and I've also completely unplugged my pc, removed the CMOS battery, and gone that route. I tried loading default BIOS settings, even with XMP disabled. No luck.

9 minutes ago, Poroniec said:

Yeah, I've used the button on the board, and I've also completely unplugged my pc, removed the CMOS battery, and gone that route. I tried loading default BIOS settings, even with XMP disabled. No luck.

Once I had problems with booting when the HDD mode was set to RAID in BIOS. When I changed it to AHCI I experienced an improved boot time.

Note: You actually need to change HDD mode to AHCI and reinstall the Windows, I almost forgot that.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

3 minutes ago, H6NS said:

Once I had problems with booting when the HDD mode was set to RAID in BIOS. When I changed it to AHCI I experienced an improved boot time.

Well I wanna figure out the issue with my PC not POSTing before I worry about boot times. Lol

1 minute ago, Poroniec said:

Well I wanna figure out the issue with my PC not POSTing before I worry about boot times. Lol

It wasn't just the boot time, sometimes is wasn't booting at all while in RAID mode. Try booting into safe mode.

So, update. My new mobo has a second CPU power 8-pin, and my old mobo only had one. I didn't notice, and don't have the second 8-pin plugged in, nor do I have another cable handy to plug into it. Could this be my issue?

10 minutes ago, H6NS said:

Note: You actually need to change HDD mode to AHCI and reinstall the Windows, I almost forgot that.

Just checked, my HDD mode is already AHCI

2 minutes ago, Poroniec said:

Just checked, my HDD mode is already AHCI

Okay, so you are writing from this computer right now? 

1 minute ago, H6NS said:

Okay, so you are writing from this computer right now? 

No, I'm on my phone while I troubleshoot. However, once my PC actually POSTs, it does work normally. (Other than the boot times, obviously.)

It can also be the PSU.

There is a ton of "PC won't boot up, sometimes. Please help!!" discussions on the internet.

A week ago I watched JayzTwoCents video where the PC wasn't posting because of a faulty GPU. But since you don't have an iGPU, it is quite difficult to try booting without it.