High end Cards, which to get?

CCap
Go to solution Solved by Osmium,

I would not buy the TITAN black. Look at what happened with the last Titan. People paid 1k for a card they could have paid 499 for 90% of the performance or 700 for 110% of the performance. I think the same will happen again with the TITAN Black. Especially since the GK110 is starting to show it's age.

Hello Forum: 

In the next week, I am going to be building a PC designed for Gaming and Heavy Editing in After Effects (Ray Traced 3-D Rendering, exempli gratia) and was in a bit of a pickle on which card to get.

The two cards I am considering are the 780ti or the Titan Black. I am going to be going with an mATX build so I wanted to get the highest end card I could possibly put into the system up front so when it comes to upgrading I won't have to replace any cards. 

Whenever the 1440p/1600p G-Sync enabled IPS monitors come out I will be putting my hands on at least one of those, although I will likely be getting two of them. (So the extra VRAM might be able to help in that situation)

What would you do if this was your build?

//ccap

Highest end card possible? Titan Black.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Hello Forum: 

In the next week, I am going to be building a PC designed for Gaming and Heavy Editing in After Effects (Ray Traced 3-D Rendering, exempli gratia) and was in a bit of a pickle on which card to get.

The two cards I am considering are the 780ti or the Titan Black. I am going to be going with an mATX build so I wanted to get the highest end card I could possibly put into the system up front so when it comes to upgrading I won't have to replace any cards. 

Whenever the 1440p/1600p G-Sync enabled IPS monitors come out I will be putting my hands on at least one of those, although I will likely be getting two of them. (So the extra VRAM might be able to help in that situation)

What would you do if this was your build?

Well the highest end card would of course be the titan black but if it was my build i would get a 780ti with an aftermarket cooler

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

only reason to go with titan black is for the extra vram (only used when you game at 4K) and DP floating point calculations (only used in rendering)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I would not buy the TITAN black. Look at what happened with the last Titan. People paid 1k for a card they could have paid 499 for 90% of the performance or 700 for 110% of the performance. I think the same will happen again with the TITAN Black. Especially since the GK110 is starting to show it's age.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

That is actually a really good point... 780ti it is! :D

//ccap