HelpFirstPc

IneedPchelpASAP

It is my first time building a pc and I hooked everything up and started it. Everything was fine but then I shut it of then back on and the fan power and rgb was low/dim. I’m not sure if it’s the power supply or what. Power supply is Evga 650 W.    I have no gpu or monitor hooked up yet. 

Please list your specs. Did you buy everything new?

Please don't give out personal contact information

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I have a 650w Evga power supply, two 8gb of ram, a MPG X570 gaming plus motherboard, ryzen 5 3600 cpu, and my gpu isn’t in yet because I’m waiting on the 30 series. Everything was new in the pc. 

If you managed to plug a 12v 4 pin into a 5v jrainbow connector on a MSI mobo I would imagine they would light up, but be dim. Doubtful it would light bright and then dim on the next power up, but something to eliminate in troubleshooting the problem.

It will light up the first 10 seconds on every boot then will dim and a fan on the mother board turns off when it dims. It’s not the cpu fan.

It's normal for the fans to go full power when a pc is first turned on and then they slow down. I wouldn't be too worried about it.