Laptop only boots to an options menu

SUPER_MOOSE93

Update- SSD is working, RAM still give up errors during boot

I am trying to upgrade my laptop (Lenovo ideapad 310-15) to get a bit more life from it before buying a new one. I bought a new battery, and a 16GB DDR4-3200 stick of RAM, i also had a spare 240GB SSD from my old PC i am putting in it to speed it up.

I put the RAM in yesterday and it broke something, windows could not boot properly and kept blue screening so i swapped the RAM back and eventually booted to the desktop. I made a fresh install of windows on the original HDD and tried again, still no luck. Im not sure if it is a bad stick of RAM, or if it is incompatible. I moved onto swapping the HDD for the SSD, long story short i had to set up the SSD on my PC before installing it into the laptop. Now when i boot the laptop i get this menu. It wont boot any further than this, no matter the boot order. 

thumbnail_processed.thumb.jpg.62966fde2d54197b33708330b49b6b3d.jpg

1164856598_thumbnail_processed(1).thumb.jpg.2af2e8615a6118e2cda3eb54b0e4348c.jpg

Can you try booting with the original RAM, and SSD only? Leave the HDD out for now, and try to install Windows from a Windows install USB. If that works, you could probably try the RAM next.

Alternatively, if you can boot from the HDD, you could try migrating Windows to the SSD using something like minitool partition wizard.

I don't suppose there's a high possibility of the RAM being bad, because if it's a bad RAM stick, I think the system usually just doesn't boot. Just double check and make sure both sticks are clean on the contact pins.

26 minutes ago, Riesling said:

Can you try booting with the original RAM, and SSD only? Leave the HDD out for now, and try to install Windows from a Windows install USB.

The original ram and SSD are in at the moment. I had to install windows onto the SSD using my PC as the laptop wouldnt boot from the USB. I will try again with the USB but it should just boot right up from the SSD

update- windows is installing again from the USB. bit weird but hopefully it works

Alternatively, if you can boot from the HDD, you could try migrating Windows to the SSD using something like minitool partition wizard.

There is only room for one storgare drive, its either SSD or HDD

Just double check and make sure both sticks are clean on the contact pins.

Its just single stick but i have reinstalled it a few times. it might work if i can get the boot issue fixed

Got the SSD working, updating windows now. I installed the new ram and got these 2 messages, swapped back to the original and booted just fine.

851706909_thumbnail_processed(3).thumb.jpg.d6c354277c41d7f4037736c5b02ecdba.jpg

1438328967_thumbnail_processed(2).thumb.jpg.96b305c79c434c8dfd258276f4c4106e.jpg